Windows xp VS windows Vista gaming...

pc4life

Baseband Member
What do you think is better for gaming? there has been a lot of speculation about this. Please tell me what you think is better for a gaming computer! thank you!!!

What do you think is better for gaming? there has been a lot of speculation about this. Please tell me what you think is better for a gaming computer! thank you!!!

XP or 7. For gaming in specific (if you have half decent hardware) then Win7. 64bit is easier to find drivers for, supports DX11, etc.

For the current hardware available, Windows 7. It offers the ability to play both DX10 and DX11 enabled games.

For my system specs what would you reccomend for gaming?

Dell Precision 370
3 GB ram
3.6 GHz processor
500 GB HDD
Nvidia Quadro FX video card

XP.

I would also recommend a video card better suited for gaming, unless you need the professional capabilities of the Quadro FX.

Windows Vista is far better for gaming, because like Windows 7, it supports DirectX 10 and 11, whereas XP is limited to 9.0c. It's also much more stable and secure, and IMO is easier to navigate.

Vista has most of the features of Win7...just not as much refinement. They're more or less the same thing under-the-hood. SP2 plus the platform update helps quite a bit.

so vista and 7 gets the better fps and quality for gaming? You need great specs to run vista and 7 right? i mean 2 GB ram is barely cutting it! what i think i have to do is agree with atomic rooster! I think xp is better suited for me, do to my limited resources. I just don't think my system would run well under vista or 7! what do you guys think?

Windows Vista is far better for gaming, because like Windows 7, it supports DirectX 10 and 11, whereas XP is limited to 9.0c. It's also much more stable and secure, and IMO is easier to navigate.

Vista has most of the features of Win7...just not as much refinement. They're more or less the same thing under-the-hood. SP2 plus the platform update helps quite a bit.
I personally would not say more stable at all, XP gets the win for that if you ask me.
so vista and 7 gets the better fps and quality for gaming? You need great specs to run vista and 7 right? i mean 2 GB ram is barely cutting it! what i think i have to do is agree with atomic rooster! I think xp is better suited for me, do to my limited resources. I just don't think my system would run well under vista or 7! what do you guys think?
For your computer (which is quite dated) I would recommend XP. You really don't need great specs, just up to date.

Back
Top Bottom