Operating Systems & ISO

PeteDietl

Beta member
Hello there. I know that you can image burn a file such as Windows Xp onto a CD and then boot it from the boot menu when you first start your computer and either install it on the hard drive or format the hard drive and install it on there as your new primary operating system. But now I am trying to so that with Windows 7, which is too big to fit on a CD, so I wanted to know if there was any way to use an external hard drive to accomplish this or if I can burn multiple CDs?

Note: The only DVDs I have are DVD+RW.
The only CDs I have are CD+R.

Thanks,
Pete:)

If you are trying to copy your legitimate version of Windows 7 to back it up, it can only be copied to another DVD as it is too large for CDs.

If you are trying to burn a pirated ISO of W7, we can't help you.

Yes, I'm trying to back it up because chances are I'll loose one of them or scratch it or something.

Btw, isn't 01001010 a J? an I maybe?

Oh, is he trying to use his current installation? I have no clue how to do that.
My previous post was for this scenario: You have a laptop without a DVD drive, or you want Windows Setup to go faster. So you run the program (with the Setup DVD) and it makes a setup installation on a flash drive or USB HD, using XP, Vista, or 7.

Back
Top Bottom