Please help me find a video card!!!!!

webber22

In Runtime
I don't know a lot about computers but i want a computer just for playing small old games. I am going to buy an Nvidia graphics card but i have a problem... I don't know which one i need. I have 1 AGP slot. I also know my computer is a Dell Optiplex GX270 pentium 4 (low profile) My budget is $60. I would like at least a 256 MB card. please tell me if this is also a decent gaming computer for running pcsx2???

my specs are: 2.8 GHZ Pentium 4 processor
3 GB Ram
250 GB HDD
And soon to be video card :)

Oh sorry i made another account :) i don't know how to delete things because that was my friends account sorry for the confusion!

Also i was wondering if you know anything about pcsx2 since were talking about computers? (It is a ps2 emulator)

Okay that sorta makes sense. Just see what I posted in the other thread.

***It would work okay for old stuff, but what happened to the build we just discussed? That'd be like 10 times better.

It reall isn't worth investing much money into such an old system, $60 will usually get you very little if restricted to AGP.

What is the +12v amperage of your power supply? This will help decide what graphics cards you can use.***

And pcsx2 is really hit-or-miss. I gave it a try but it's pretty buggy. Just go to gamestop and buy a real ps2 for like $50. Then it will work with every game.

I want to say thanks again for all you did for me today! can you do 1 more thing for me? my friend has a computer just like mine but he has a lower budget. Can you help him out?

he said he wants to "Play war games and games on pcsx2" so i guess kinda low end games im assuming ( like assault cube ) and his budget is fairly low. I believe he said $160

No, He has a D51c with 2 gb ram, a 40 GB 7200 rpm HDD, 2.4 pentium 4 processor and let me know if you need anything else:)

Back
Top Bottom