PC turns on automatically

em8W7ol

Solid State Member
Hi, I have problems with my PC. It turns on automatically. The computer is connected with UPS. When the computer is turned off but the UPS is on, the computer after some moments turns on. So, I have to turn off the ups. I don't know where is the problem, I thought that something is wrong with power button of computer so I changed it with knew one but again the same happens. I want to note that recently I have changed the old motherboard and processor with new ones and there were some power cables that I connected to the motherboard. Maybe I didn't connect them correctly? But if I didn't connect them correctly the computer wouldn't work. Where is the problem? Is it because of the UPS? Please help.

In the bios! Look in there. Isn't that good that it turns on automatically? Less work. xD

I looked in the BIOS but couldn't find anything about auto-power. There are some abbreviations in the Power Management menu. UPS is Mercury M525C.

Go into the BIOS and head towards the Power Management Setup section.

Set PWRON after PWR-Fail to 'off' and disable Wake Up on LAN. See if this solves the problem.

The only thing here that maybe useful here is the ACPI Function and ACPI Suspend Type. Set them to Enable and S3 respectively. Useful if you use the sleep function alot.

Oh and set the Power Button to Delay 4 Sec. This will stop accidental power downs.

My old HP Pavilion 6551 used to do that. Only when it came on, it would make a screaming sound through the speakers.

Back
Top Bottom