Home comforts

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
I was just thinking...
My laptop (Acer Aspire) has a multi-touch touchpad, and i've gotten so used to using the two finger gesticulation to go back/forward on my laptop, that i forget hardly anyone elses laptop has it. The same with pinch to zoom.

ITT:
Things we miss about our computers when we use other peoples. Home comforts we don't like living without

Ah yes. I like my Microsoft Mouse's back and forward side buttons.
And then there's those handy little USB ports behind a pull-down door on the front of my computer. There's also nifty headphone and Firewire ports there too.

That's like me. I cannot stand using a computer without it having like five
monitors.

Ok I'm exaggerating a bit, but I found it a huge pita using my brother's with two 22" LCDs.

^ I agree. I hate using a single monitor now that I have 2. I also can't stand wired keyboards and mice.

Lol in my case it's more like anything less than four would get in my nerves like crazy. I took my monitors and drew a 2x2 grid on each with hydragrid, then the portrait monitor is divided in half. So I have 14 in effect.

I guess I multitask a little too much...

Going back to one monitor from two was the hardest thing ever, but I NEEDED the desk space.... but eventually I'll be at a 3 setup, so whatever.

I also hate not having my huge music collection at my fingertips.

I used to have two monitors. However, I had the second one hooked up to a PCI VGA card with 8 MB VRAM. So, because of the fact that stuff was just not doing well on it, the gigantic spacehog CRT monitor, and my music was full of static when I had it in (queer), I had to quit that. I'm planning to get a couple LCD's though, and a better secondary graphics card so I can have dual monitors again. You what's weird? My computer has a built in nVidia 6100 display adapter and when I put the nVidia 7300 in the PCI-E slot it won't work. won't show up in the BIOS, either. nVidia told me that was normal. Darn.

Well, I miss my speakers when I use someone elses PC. I also miss my dual-monitor setup.

I miss my keyboard and my sound system when I use a different system.

Back
Top Bottom