asus netbook "limited or no connectivity"

patsfan4liferjn

Solid State Member
hey guys. i currently have an acer laptop which connects to my router and works perfectly. i recently got a asus netbook and it connects to my router but i cant go on the internet. it says "limited or no connectivity". anyone know how to fix this?

1. Make sure you're actually connecting to your own network. Many times, the wizard will automatically connect to another network that might not be yours.

2. Is your network password-protected? If so, check the settings and make sure it's typed in.

3. Check a box that says "Let Windows Automatically Detect Settings" or something similar to that. I'm stuck in my friend's car right now, so I can't check much out on my phone.

4. If you're running XP, there's a patch on the Microsoft website that'll fix this problem.

What OS are you running? And which netbook do you have? Sometimes all you need is a little tweak in the settings.

1. Make sure you're actually connecting to your own network. Many times, the wizard will automatically connect to another network that might not be yours.

2. Is your network password-protected? If so, check the settings and make sure it's typed in.

3. Check a box that says "Let Windows Automatically Detect Settings" or something similar to that. I'm stuck in my friend's car right now, so I can't check much out on my phone.

4. If you're running XP, there's a patch on the Microsoft website that'll fix this problem.

What OS are you running? And which netbook do you have? Sometimes all you need is a little tweak in the settings.

1. ya its definitly connecting to my router
2. ya its the correct password
3. i dont know where that is
4. yes im running xp ill look for that patch now ( i cant find that patch and how am i supposed to download it if i have no internet?)

im a noob so i dont know what OS means. the netbook is a asus eee pc.

1. ya its definitly connecting to my router
2. ya its the correct password
3. i dont know where that is
4. yes im running xp ill look for that patch now ( i cant find that patch and how am i supposed to download it if i have no internet?)

im a noob so i dont know what OS means. the netbook is a asus eee pc.

OS - Operating System. You're running XP, so that's answered.

1. Try resetting the router and restarting/resetting the actual wireless connection from the laptop. Eee PCs have a hotkey to disable wireless/bluetooth.

2. Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections (Tab) > LAN Settings
Should be an "Automatically Detect Settings" box. Is it checked? If it isn't, check it and restart the wireless.

3. Click Start, then Run. Type in "cmd" and wait for the command prompt to pop up. Once up, type in the following:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Then restart the wireless, restart the laptop, and try again.

Let me know if none of these work out.

Oh, and to download a patch, either use another computer and transfer it via a USB flash drive, or connect the Netbook to the router with an ethernet cable.

OS - Operating System. You're running XP, so that's answered.

1. Try resetting the router and restarting/resetting the actual wireless connection from the laptop. Eee PCs have a hotkey to disable wireless/bluetooth.

2. Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections (Tab) > LAN Settings
Should be an "Automatically Detect Settings" box. Is it checked? If it isn't, check it and restart the wireless.

3. Click Start, then Run. Type in "cmd" and wait for the command prompt to pop up. Once up, type in the following:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Then restart the wireless, restart the laptop, and try again.

Let me know if none of these work out.

Oh, and to download a patch, either use another computer and transfer it via a USB flash drive, or connect the Netbook to the router with an ethernet cable.
i tried all of those and none of them worked. i tried to download the patch but it said i had a newer version so it was not needed and wouldnt let me download it.

Go onto the Acer Laptop and Click Start, then Run. Type in "cmd" and wait for the command prompt to pop up. Once up, type in ipconfig and then post the results here and then do the excact same to the netbook and then post the results here.

Go onto the Acer Laptop and Click Start, then Run. Type in "cmd" and wait for the command prompt to pop up. Once up, type in ipconfig and then post the results here and then do the excact same to the netbook and then post the results here.

what exaclty are the results? a bunch of stuff shows up.

The resultsis what information it gives you in the command prompt. It should give you a list of stuff

Back
Top Bottom