FIFA World Cup

We are now a few days from the greatest sporting event in the world. Share your predictions, comments, and opinions. Talk about the toughest match-ups, groups, and players. Who are you rooting for? And, what is your favorite players?

I'm rooting for Brazil's 6th win. I don't see Kaka playing well, and I'm upset that Dunga didn't put Ronaldinho, who's been in excellent form over the past few weeks, in the 23. I think Luis Fabiano is the man to watch. He's scored nearly a goal per game over the last 20 games, and unlike Messi, is a national player rather than a club player. I think the USA will make it past group stage, but will fall on the second round. Spain and Netherlands are teams to watch, Ivory Coast a possible "sleeper".

I came in here to say something...but it's been said already. :p

I beg to differ. :p

I agree with your differing. Cough...we are talking racing...cough, right? :D

Soccer? LOL.

Americans, for whatever reason, don't seem to care. Funny how that works out.

We don't care because 1) we suck at it, and 2) it's boring as hell to watch. Hahahaha. We don't have patience, J. And never will. ;)

World cup? Is that some sort of big coffee cup?

That sounds good right now. Don't talk about coffee. It makes me want that.

All the americans posting in this thread have absolutely no idea about football judging by their comments.

Also we are going to destroy you on June 11th!! Fingers crossed Barry is fit for the opening match.

Update: Didier Drogba broke is arm in a friendly against Japan. Will miss the World Cup.

If Ivory Coast was not in Brazil's group I'd feel bad for them. Their chances of making it past group stage has gone to 0.

All the americans posting in this thread have absolutely no idea about football judging by their comments.

Also we are going to destroy you on June 11th!! Fingers crossed Barry is fit for the opening match.

Relax. We're just messing around.

Half Italian, so i'm backing the azzurro for a successfully defended world cup for the first time since 34-38. But also half scottish, so simply put, anyone but england

Also, would rather spain didn't lift it, just don't like there team.

How do england fans feel about Ferdinand? Seems you always lose at least one key player before the first match?

How do england fans feel about Ferdinand? Seems you always lose at least one key player before the first match?
He's been injured most of the season and when he has played he has seems off the pace, he's not up to the hype, and Gerrard is a much better captain. I think Capello will probably pick Carragher over King.

Back
Top Bottom