3 hard drives in one PC

pitbull30

Baseband Member
Hi,

Suppose I wanted to have Windows 7 running on one drive. Use one as a back up to the windows 7 drive for important documents and stuff like pictures etc. I read on one post its possible to use the backup as a "drag & drop" drive.

Then have Linux on the third drive for messing around with. I assume though I would have to go into the boot menu to jump on that drive at startup?

Can I do this? and if so what tools, options or software do I use.

Thanks

Yep, its possible alright. First if your buying a new harddrive what you need to do is partition it. Then if your new to linux distros, Ubuntu is an easy starter with some basic drivers and an easy GUI.

And Ubuntu also has a feature to be installed IN windows on a seperate drive.. I know really simple.

Heres a link you can check out for Wubi, the windows ubuntu installer, ive used it a couple and like it a lot. http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/windows-installer

Im familiar with using ubuntu. Thanks for the link. I didnt know about wubi. However isnt the setup you are talking about for 1 hard drive or 2?

Right now I have XP on a drive and Win 7 on the bigger 500gb drive. I caught a deal today on tigerdirect for a 1TB seagate hard drive for 39 bucks after rebate so I figured I would play with different linux distros on one drive, use one as a backup and keep a windows on one.

Right now if want to use the other drive I just swap the cable.

Back
Top Bottom