Need help buyin a "WoW" ready desktop.

Really, anything will run WoW fine. It takes no PC power to pull off max everything in WoW. The only reason why everyone plays the game is because it runs on almost any PC.

yeah agreed, WOW isnt a very demanding game

OP -if you wanna run it beautifully, then I think spending around the 800 mark is just over kill

My rig cannot max WoW. It really is more demanding than you think, but it depends heavily on resolution.

Lmao don't you run at 53xx times 26xx resolution or something?
I think that makes your PC not really applicable to the situation :D

5760x1200.

But my point was that there are quite a few computers out there not able to max WoW, and there are lots of factors that affect it.

Thank God someone here is sensible on the subject as well. I've seen too many people offer advice and say that "WoW runs on any computer" only to be unpleasantly surprised after their purchase.

WoW is not very graphic-intensive and won't require top-notch graphics cards/CPUs, but that doesn't mean that any rig can run it.

Yeah my buddy comes over and his jaw drops at the difference between his $700 laptop and my $700 desktop.

EDIT, getting at the on-board graphics wont cut it.

EDIT, getting at the on-board graphics wont cut it.

Crap, I'm running 5770+5750 CrossfireX and even that won't cut it for me. What Iam getting at is that it takes quite a bit more than what most people think to max WoW and have a decent framerate. What happens for me is the framerate is fine until I get near a large group of people, then it drops into the twenties or thirties.

i refuse to assist anyone in their endeavors relating to World of Warcraft.

Then just don't post. I see no point in posting to say something like this.

i refuse to assist anyone in their endeavors relating to World of Warcraft.

Thanks for sharing. You're a gem to this forum. :rolleyes:

Crap, I'm running 5770+5750 CrossfireX and even that won't cut it for me. What Iam getting at is that it takes quite a bit more than what most people think to max WoW and have a decent framerate. What happens for me is the framerate is fine until I get near a large group of people, then it drops into the twenties or thirties.

Difference is really amazing. My rig used to run it flawlessly at 1920x1200. I didn't think it would get much better than my old Sony rig, but it was amazing. Now, esp with more people, more in-depth cities (Dalaran anyone?), and more content, it can tear and lag in some areas while my sister's newly-built rig runs without a hiccup.

You can't generalize like that. Lots of computers out there can't run WoW, and the OP stated that he'd like it to run "beautifully." This narrows down the selection to computers that have a good video card/CPU to begin with (integrated graphics won't cut it).

Look at my video card in my sig!

Let's see...mines about 3 years old now. It is actually a bottleneck to my PC ATM. It's not a very demanding card- and I run WoW beautifully.

My generalization maybe wasn't clear enough. Almost any PC can run wow...but play? I didn't say that. I was just stating that its runnable but not playable on a lot of PC's.

So, I have a relitively new HP, and I too thought I could max out World of Warcraft. As it turns out, I can max out EVERYTHING with the exception of shadow detail. WoW can run like a champion, but as soon as I turn that one shadow detail to any extent, my frame rate dies...

I just think it's funny that I can FULLY max out Sins of a Solar Empire, but not WoW. Does anyone else find this fact amusing?

Back
Top Bottom