AT&T: No more "Unlimited Data Plans"

I would switch to Verizon if I fell in love with one of their phones. As much as I don't like Apple's grasp on the consumer and AT&T horrible, horrible service, there's something about the iPhone that will probably make me purchase the 4G as well. Don't get me wrong; I don't consider the iPhone a "godly" phone at all. But jailbreaking, unlocking, customizing, and messing with every single thing that Apple wants the consumer to not know about is something that turns me on. ;)

I agree But I fell in love with my Droid Eris and fixing to up. to the Droid Incredible so Idk But I switched because I work alot and I can't afford to lose 500 calls a day

Agreed. If this was a "business" phone for me, I'd switch in a heartbeat. Multiple dropped calls, 3G service that's as reliable as the battery life, and many bugs. Go iPhone! hehe

I like the Iphone but only if the damn Verizon wouldn't be on the CDMA network.. then everything in life of phones would be great... *(

my iphone.
had since january...
Cellular data sent 15MB, received 825MB.

It's a pittance.
most of my data transfer is done via wireless, if I'm at home the phones on wireless, if I'm at work the phones on wireless, if I'm at friends houses, my phones on their wireless...

practically the only time i'll use the cellular connection for data is if I'm on a bus, (and the bus I take to London when I work there has free internet via wireless, so only if that's not working, or if I want to access these forums since they are blocked by the buses restricted site filter.

if I'm in the car I use a traffic application sometimes to see what the traffic conditions are like where I'm going.

In place of the $30 unlimited plan, AT&T's new prices for data will be $15 a month for 200 megabytes and $25 for a 2-gigabyte plan.
ummm, so no worries... If i were american and with this carrier then my monthly bill would be cut in half...

if I were worried about going over that 200MB limit in a month I could get over twice as much as I've used in half a year, still for less than I'm paying now...

where's the problem??

I don't use that much data but I'll keep my $30 unlimited plan just so I don't have to worry about usage.

@ Foothead - If I remember correctly you have the 2G right? I'd recommend upgrading before the 7th because the 2G data plan is different than the 3G/3Gs plans. So, I don't believe you can get grandfathered in with the 2G.

What is the world coming to? I've got a grandfathered Verizon 3G data plan that's unlimited, now I've got to keep a unlimited AT&T contract going too, lol.

We went from AT&T to T-Mobile, lol!

T-Mobile is getting better. They used to have really crappy coverage around here, but apparently they bought some of AT&T's towers a while ago so they've broadened their coverage a lot.

Back
Top Bottom