AGP and TV output

Colles

Solid State Member
Hey Guys,
Question here for all you. My grandad has a really hard time reading the computer screen, and ive seen people before hooking up tvs to their computer. The computer he currently has is ancient, so im pretty damn sure hes running agp. Two things: 1. can you get a agp video card that can allow me to run out a tv input so that i can hook up a small (32 inch) tv for him to see, and two, how do I distinguish between agp and PCi. Thanks.

-Colles

Just look at the card description and it will say if it is AGP or PCI.

Is his TV HD? A SDTV is basically unusable as a monitor.

Edit:
sata-pci-express-pci-card.jpg

No itll be a HD tv. I think its a samsung.

Or is there a command prompt that will allow me to see exactly what his mobo is running?

Then all you need Is a DVI-HDMI cable.

Be warned though, it is a lo harder to read text on a hdtv than a monitor unless you sit extremely close to it. It will not be readable from across the room.

Btw, set a larger font size. It helps a bit.

Yeah he already has problem reading the text as it is. I talked to him today, and he doesn't have a screen yet or anything. All he wants to do is be able to read the screen with no problem. Can I change the font size to allow him to read stuff even on a website, or is all that through the resolution? Lemme know.

-Colles

1. Right-click an open area of the Windows Desktop and then click "Properties" to open the "Display Properties" window.

2. Click the "Appearance" tab.

3. In the drop down list labeled "Font Size", select the desired size.

4. Click "OK" to save the change and exit the "Display Properties" window.

Back
Top Bottom