CF Blog

berry120

Fully Optimized
Not sure whether this would be a good idea or not - just throwing it out there in case anyone's interested. The basic idea though would be to have some form of technical based blog that members could contribute to. It'd give the less experienced a chance to write blog posts and get feedback, and the more experienced a chance to talk about and share various things happening in the world of technology at the moment.

This could potentially be very easy to implement as part of the forum (just add a "Blog" category and put all blog posts in there) or could go the whole hog and set up a separate wordpress / joomla / drupal install in a subdomain.

At this stage though, just wondering whether people think it's a good idea or a bad one?

Great Idea. I think wordpress would work better.

Even if this doesn't work in the CF community, I'm sure some of us could team together and start our own seperate project :)

An easy way to start would be to gather information from all guides we have on CF, and post them on the blogs. We would credit the author with the text of course.

Root: The thread in general, or Lowndsey?

If you're talking about Lowndsey, then a general rule of thumb is that his is being sarcastic.

Its a good idea. It wouldn't hurt the forum at all, if anything it's a learning experience for all.

Will it be as awesome as the wiki?
Please, point me to a few of your awesome, brilliant, helpful suggestions?
The most helpful thread you've started in this section that I can find starts thus:
This site has been shit lately David.
(http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=92421)

You may also have noticed (or not) from my initial post, I never claimed it'd be awesome - I never even said it was a good idea. I merely asked others whether they thought it'd be a good idea or not...

Not wanting to turn this into a flame war - but if you give unnecessary sarcasm (and it ain't the first time) I'll dish some back every so often with no apologies ;) I'm only following your brilliant example as a mod, right?

On a more positive note, thanks for all the genuine feedback so far - I'm honestly interested to hear from people that don't think it'd be a good idea as well (and why.) I'm not for pushing this blindly through, a balanced viewpoint from both sides would be cool :)

Back
Top Bottom