Israeli commando's jump for their lives??????

Well, if you read the other articles, they are just as one sided. You know, if those damn Arab countries would back off and let Israel alone, we wouldn't have these problems. It's hard to live in peace when your neighbors would like nothing more than to see you wiped off the face of the earth.
Yes, it's a very hard way to live when your neighbours (who are actually settlers who settled in your country, took over, divided your country to make their own state and keep expanding their state in your country...)

I digress, but yes, it must be difficult for those poor Israelis having seized all the good land in the Gazza region, and having 90% of the land, denying building applications to anyone who is Arab, making Arabs live in slum towns.
evicting Arabs from houses as they expand their borders.

Israel wants to see Palestine wiped off the map. and you're right, it's hard to live when your neighbours want to see you wiped off the map.

Israel is currently imposing a blockade on the Gazza region, trying to stop supplies getting in and out.
in the medieval times this was called siege warfare, you basically stop your opponents getting food, water or supplies and you wait till they are either starved or diseased into submission.

Try reading the article:
They boarded the ship to inspect it and were immediately attacked by those on-board.

They had no right to board the ship, they had no jurisdiction, they had no right to call to inspect the ship. They invaded a civilian ship in international waters, that's pretty much an act of aggression, and the people on board the ship defended themselves.

if that'd have been a Turkish navy ship delivering humanitarian aid, instead of a civilian ship mostly filled with Turkish people then we'd be looking at war right now.

Try reading the article:

I did read the article, I just find it amusing that supposed "commando's" were being attacked with sticks and knives and had to jump into the water to save their lives. Aren't commandos supposed to be ub3r l33t? This is an excuse my son would give after coming home from school, "they hit me first." They have no right in international waters to be doing "inspections" with commandos.

Israel is on the wrong side of a brewing war here. They shut out everyone Arab and wonder why Iran wants to wipe them from the face of the earth. Considering the fact that they have nukes, is a little worrying. Obviously not for me, but for the sake of peace in the middle east. What happens when Iran finally get's their nuclear weapon and plans to use it on Israel?

having read into it a little more,

it seems that the siege is in place because iran has been selling arms to Palestine,

so I guess that they did have a call to search the boat even though it was in international waters, just the same as thousands of civilian boats are stopped and searched every year trying to import/export guns and drugs from loads of different countries.

The "commando's" definatley over-reacted - and I'm not saying that they should have been on the ship, but the Mavi Marmara passengers where definitely not 100% innocent.

Innocent or not, they were in international waters... Out of jurisdiction for Israel. Just as the United States doesn't do searches in International Waters (supposadly) neither should they. Not to say that Israel is either in the right or in the wrong though. I think they just did something wrong in the sense that this was a convoy with many turkish passengers, thus creating the tension between Turkey and Israel, that's where they screwed up. They attacked their only Middle eastern ally... oops!

InfectionZero your signature is way too big. Trim it down dude.

The "commando's" definatley over-reacted - and I'm not saying that they should have been on the ship, but the Mavi Marmara passengers where definitely not 100% innocent.

There is no denying that they aren't 100% innocent, but they had every right to defend themselves from the raiders. They were in international waters and Israel had no place in boarding the ship with Commandos, so the passengers attacked.

Like many before them--Isreal wants to rule the world, their snouts are in all the worlds big money troughs.
As for the story, all must remember the press is controlled by the powerful ones that lurk in the shadows and they decide what gets put out.:)
And when 2012-2015 periods arrive it won't really matter as there will be life jim but not as we know it so, max out those credit cards no worries.

As for the story, all must remember the press is controlled by the powerful ones that lurk in the shadows and they decide what gets put out.

Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.

-Noam Chomsky

Back
Top Bottom