Would this setup run of the modern games?

Sonny181

Solid State Member
Would this setup run most of the modern games?

Would this setup run most of the modern games?*****

This is my first build

Heres the specs:

AMD Phenom x3 710 processor 2.6ghz (Will overclock to 3ghz if possible)
Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2H motherboard
Palit Nvidia 9500GT 1gb
2gb ddr2 kingston ram

Just waiting for my evo labs 600watt psu (Couldnt afford an expensive one) and i'm going to upgrade to 4 gigs of ram if it's worth it? Also will it run Windows 7 Ultimate?

And i'm using my LG 24" moniter that i've had for years

Thank you!

Okay, what card would you suggest that isn't expensive?

and these are the kinda games i'd like to be playing

COD: MW2

WoW

Orange box

gta liberty citys

also, will i be able to run windows 7 ultimate and is the extra gig of ram nessasary?

And if i did upgrade my card to a better one, will it be decent for games then or does anything else need changing?

Coupla things. I need a budget to suggest a good GPU. 'not expensive' could mean anywhere between $20 and $300 for graphics cards.

Also, it could run W7 ultimate, but don't waste your money. Buy W7 home premium 64 oem and you will never notice any real difference besides the colors, which you can change.

And we are not supposed to talk about Uncle torrence on here. ;)

oh and it would be awesome for games i you got a decent gpu.

okay, well my budget is kinda low..i mean i wont spend anything over £100

I wouldn't mind buying second hand either, like ebay...

I was lookingf at the 9800gtx or the 8800gt?

9800 GTX is a good card. You might be able to get a HD 4850 for cheaper though.

Here is the order of cards in that area, slowest to fastest.

HD 4830>9800GT>HD 4770>9800 GTX>9800 GTX+ = GTS 250>HD 4850>HD 5750>GTX 260>HD 4870>GTX 260 core216> HD 5770

lol there you go. All the midrange cards in order of performance.
*I did this entirely from memory, so there might be one or two errors, but only between ones that are extremely close.

Assuming pricing remains constant with the US, all of these would be below or around £100. I just do not know if they cost more in the UK.

Wow thank you very much! You're quite awesome...

well £100 is $146

Just checked ebay and someone is selling a XFX GeForce 9800GT 512MB for £60 :) result...

also, would it be worth buying an extra 2 gigs of ram or is 2gigs fine?

It depends on your OS. If you are running XP, 2GB is a ton. If you are on vista/W7 32, 2GB is enough for gaming, but more could help a bit. For vista/W7 64, 4GB is pretty necessary.

It depends on your OS. If you are running XP, 2GB is a ton. If you are on vista/W7 32, 2GB is enough for gaming, but more could help a bit. For vista/W7 64, 4GB is pretty necessary.

Don't even attempt Win7 64bit without 4gb of RAM. I always wondered why anyone would have any more than 2gb of ram. Then I met the RAM hog that is Vista 64 bit XD

Back
Top Bottom