Who drives a manual transmission here?

I drive one of these:
IH%20Farmall%20Super%20M800.jpg

It's a 5 speed.

I like her! ^

Here are my specs:

Acceleration (0-60 mph): 9.6 sec. Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 151 ft.
Road Holding Index: .8 g Base Number of Cylinders: 4
Base Engine Size: 2.5 liters Base Engine Type: Inline 4
Horsepower: 117 hp Max Horsepower: 4500 rpm
Torque: 149 ft-lbs. Max Torque: 2500 rpm
Maximum Payload: 1260 lbs. Drive Type: RWD

'99 Ford F-150, 5-Speed manual, 4.2L V6.

Great truck, fun to drive, has quite a bit of power and VERY good gas mileage for a truck.

I literally can't drive auto anymore. I get in one and every time, I end up hitting the e-brake because I think it's a clutch, and if it doesn't have the floor e-brake, then I'm like "OK WTF IS THIS."

It seems less and less people want to drive manual transmission. My reasoning on this? People are lazy. Now, that argument isn't true in the UK because most cars over there are manual, and that is something I respect. I wish most cars over here were. They're more fun to drive, and better on gas in most cases.

I'm a little disappointed that my '79 Trans Am is automatic... One day I might investigate into converting it to a standard, that would be fun

Oh i forgot

1992 Chevy s10

That thing is fun to drive in the woods also

It's getting old though, stays in gears and puts itself in neutral

Yeah, manual just gives you a greater sense of driving the car.
Imagine having a Ferrari with a automatic gear box, instead of that flippy thing they have. I couldn't.

Manual cars probably also don't break down as much. The more you leave things to electronics, the more that can go wrong.

I think even though this forum is UK based, most people are in fact from around the U.S

Imagine driving a bentley / rolls phantom with manual transmissions - it totally depends on the type of car itself as to what transmission you should have.

Autos normally feel smoother and some people who change gear to sharply in a manual can wear the clutch out very quick so in that case a manual would break down sooner

lmao, if you owned a Bentley, then the chances are you wouldn't be driving it :p

Agreed. Especially the Phantom. Beautiful piece of art right there.

And David, I would love to see that car in manual. Sure, it may be an extremely high class luxury car, but why not? You can have fun in just about anything. Keep in mind that even the fastest of sports cars have manual transmissions simply because you can get every single millimeter per hour (yeah, that's right) out of the vehicle.

Given, I just had the clutch burn out in my truck, but it's expected to happen with manuals. Just something you have to live with, I guess. Automatics can have something terrible happen to them just as easy as a manual could.

Imagine driving a bentley / rolls phantom with manual transmissions - it totally depends on the type of car itself as to what transmission you should have.
Nothing wrong with that - I would. Manual all the way here!

My brother's Passat is an automatic, and has some kind of dual clutch system, which I dont fully understand. It's supposed to make changes smoother & more efficient..
Essentially you've got one clutch controlling the odd gears and another controlling the even ones on different shafts - so gear changes are pretty much instantaneous.

I drove a manual until about 4 months ago, and boy do I miss it. It's made me a better driver and it's a lot more fun.

Back
Top Bottom