Similar GeForce cards

So what video card will somehow work then? Will at lest something like the ATI Radeon 7200 that is only 32mb PCI card work? Now that should really use very low low power. Of cource I don't know how much power is my motherboard using but it shouldn't be using much. Will taking out some hardware like the 56K V92 modem or one of the CDROM drives help?

I remember that even the tech guys at eMachines said that I can upgrade me video card so I can play games better. It's really hard to beleve that they would put something that can't be upgraded but then they say I can add a PCI video card to upgrade my games performance.

But eather way will a low power video card like ATI Radeon 7200 work at least?

Will at least a 200 watt power supply work? Or like a 230 watt power supply. I can get those under $20. I can say 200 or 230 is more watts than 150 so I would assume that would work.

What is kinda weird is that I did add a PCI wireless adapter and that worked fine? Or does that use less power than any video card?

What is the 12v amperage in those power supplies? The least you should try is 10A imo, because you never want to run cheap ones anywhere near max load.

And a wireless adapter uses very little power.

Don't worry Dustin, I'm sure the GeForce 5200 will work just fine. They don't require a whole lot of power and as said before, ANYTHING is better than your on-board graphics.

The tdp of a pentium 3 is about 30w. The geforce fx5200 draws around 20. Then when you throw in other components and inefficiencies, the outlook is pretty bad. Even worse when you throw capacitor aging into the mix.

It depends on the psu I guess. Some are capable of delivering significantly more than rated, but with an extreme voltage ripple, while others will explode 5w higher than the rating.

Back
Top Bottom