Hello, new to the CF forums.

Welcome!

Sorry for the immediate negativity that follows (we're a friendly bunch!) but I feel I need to put the above comments in perspective a bit...

And just to warn you, lay low for a time and don't do jokes until you have a substantial amount of rep points. There are some pretty grouchy Guru and Moderator bullies out there. I got my first negative point just because I brought up a 2 week old thread. Don't make digs or jokes or even mention other member's avatars. They get VERY touchy.
We all like a good laugh - there's no need to be bitter in every other post you make! Seriously, accept the fact you got a few negative rep points and move on, these things happen and posts like this (as well as reputation fishing signatures) just make things worse. Do you really think you'll gain a nice lot of respect by slagging off long standing members in every other post you make?!

People forget things in time. Few of us (at least that I know of) hold grudges around here. The sooner you drop this, sooner people will stop getting down your throats!

I have two simple words for you here: MOVE ON. I very rarely neg-rep people, but your attitude is getting me damn close.

If you copy an article out of somewhere, try to rephrase it and make it look like you wrote it as much as possible. They neg without remorse.
That's because it's called plagarism, intensely frowned upon by many people (including me.) If you're just copying stuff from elsewhere then that's fine but REFERENCE that source (i.e. state where you got it from.) If people are just randomly copying stuff from places it means they usually don't understand enough to form an answer themselves - and if that's the case the source may be completely irrelevant or unreliable. If you don't know a solution to a problem then leave it - no-one's going to jump down your throat because you don't know the answer to something, if you pretend to know more than you do people will. And I don't see the problem with that.

I am telling you this so you won't start out like I did.
No you're not - you're telling it to try and snap back at people again. Don't pretend you're saying it for any other purpose; you've taken every opportunity so far to have a go and as far as I can tell, this is just another one.

What is your specialty?
And just to warn you, lay low for a time and don't do jokes until you have a substantial amount of rep points. There are some pretty grouchy Guru and Moderator bullies out there. I got my first negative point just because I brought up a 2 week old thread. Don't make digs or jokes or even mention other member's avatars. They get VERY touchy. If you copy an article out of somewhere, try to rephrase it and make it look like you wrote it as much as possible. They neg without remorse.
Drop it and move on okay?

Welcome to CF! This is a great community regardless of what others say. We try to keep things looking professional here, so if you follow the rules you should have absolutely zero problems in this forum.

Hello and welcome to Computerforums! I hope you have a good time and learn some new information while your here.

By the way, just ignore lucasbytegenius, he's just desperate for attention.

What is your specialty?
And just to warn you, lay low for a time and don't do jokes until you have a substantial amount of rep points. There are some pretty grouchy Guru and Moderator bullies out there. I got my first negative point just because I brought up a 2 week old thread. Don't make digs or jokes or even mention other member's avatars. They get VERY touchy. If you copy an article out of somewhere, try to rephrase it and make it look like you wrote it as much as possible. They neg without remorse.
It's not the jokes, it's the arrogance and fanboyism.

I'm gonna leave it at that, don't want another thread to turn into a flame war.

Anyways, welcome to CF! We really are a lovely bunch.

What is your specialty?

Calling forum members and moderators "bullies" isn't going to help your situation. I don't know what you did to get two red bars, but most longstanding members here won't neg rep you without reason. Maturity is well-appreciated around here, but we do like to joke around too.

Read the forum rules and post with some sense and you'll be fine. :)

Welcome to CF, Flak :D

Back
Top Bottom