A bit of help please

Bagzli

Baseband Member
hi guys, i have an acer thats about 5 years old, it has 516 Ram and runs a windows xp. last time i reformated drive it worked decently fast, now its so slow it takes 10 minutes to open mozilla firefox. I was wondering how i can i speed up the computers performance without buying new parts to it :(

I tried defregmentation and it takes 10 minutes and says its done and no improvement.

thanks all

If that doesn't help and you've tried everything, I'd seriously consider just reinstalling - find the original recovery disks, backup what you need and wipe away. Doesn't take long and you're guaranteed (short of hardware failure) to get a new squeaky clean system! :)

Use the sfc command. It's like what berry120 said-only no removal or destruction of data. Type "sfc /scannow" into Run or the command line.
But before you do that, type "msconfig" into run and select the Startup tab. There may be some things you can disable.

ok, i have run CC cleaner and websites are opening faster now but the program itself, mozila firefox still takes a minute to open. Is there a program that would clean up the computer instead of just mozila and internet explorer?

i just did that scan thing to test on my own pc and its going on now, what should i be looking for when it is done?

what is the registry cleaner and where can i get it? please give me a safe link...

and its still scaning

Hey, my 2.2 GHz PC with 2.5 gb of RAM was super slow until I ran this. Bagzli, if my advice doesn't work, then try something else.

Back
Top Bottom