Share your story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cor dear, these stories just aren't up to scratch!

I bought a laptop
Some rampaging monkeys stole it
I followed the monkeys to Africa to reclaim it
I got into a battle with the monkey king
I won
I reclaimed my laptop
I turned it on.

Geez. I should become an author! ;)

I bought an Acer Aspire 5315 for $10 with no screen. hooked it to my TV. it sucked.
Then I put in a new screen.
The end, but stay tuned.. the movie versions even more gripping! look for it in theaters!

Ame here, but only if you throw in time travel and dinosaurs.
Heck yeah. I just missed those bits out, they're in the extended version!

I'll buy the book, if you ride across America on a red and cream Harley Softtail to promote it...
I'll get one of the monkey's to do it!

I meant, Stop playing! Please! I just want a good story-like this:
I got my first computer when I was 9. It was a Dell Dimension 4100 running XP. I didn't really have an interest in computers until I got my second, which ran Windows 98. I learned how to configure Windows to run fast. I got an old 486 PC which I now realized had a busted HD. I took that thing utterly apart, down to the last screw, then tried turning it on with different parts removed. Eventually, I shorted the motherboard by accident. I went through 3 more computers, all PC's, until I met and fixed my current one. I encountered the dreaded XP activation crap, and begun my Linux quest. Eventually, I came back to Windows XP and Windows 7.

Try something like that.

I got my first computer when I was 9. It was a Dell Dimension 4100 running XP. I didn't really have an interest in computers until I got my second, which ran Windows 98. I learned how to configure Windows to run fast. I got an old 486 PC which I now realized had a busted HD. I took that thing utterly apart, down to the last screw, then tried turning it on with different parts removed. Eventually, I shorted the motherboard by accident. I went through 3 more computers, all PC's, until I met and fixed my current one. I encountered the dreaded XP activation crap, and begun my Linux quest. Eventually, I came back to Windows XP and Windows 7.

Nah. Need some monkey's in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom