Got a Pocket PC?

The_Lucas

Daemon Poster
Well guys, I got a Dell Axim X3i Pocket PC with Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 SE 3 days ago. 6 or 7 years old, I think. So, I'm having some fun and writing this with the handwriting recognition software in it with Pocket Internet Explorer:) Works rather well, don't you think? Do you know of any great freeware programs or OS upgrades I can get for it?
I have a 624MHz processor in it, and 64 MB RAM, 64 MB ROM. Please share your opinions on anything related to Pocket PCs, not just this one:D

Must say I'd be put off by the fact it runs windows mobile - the android and iphone OS's are both vastly superior in my opinion, and everyone I know who has used all 3 say the same thing!

I used one (though never owned one) a while back and never really got on with it.. perhaps going on a bit of a tangent but Microsoft really need to come out with a good mobile OS if they want to keep in on the market. They're losing ground fast...!

I have used a friend's iPhone for a bit and I agree with you about the OS. Never used an Android. So, if you were in my situation, what would you do to make do with what you have have?

I've used Windows Mobile in the past. What a freaking joke. You need to use Task Manager just to operate the phone efficiently.

What the hell was Microsoft thinking when they developed the platform?

Well in short I wouldn't have got a windows mobile device to start with! Not sure what you mean by suggesting ways to make do with it - have a go at using it and see if you get on with it?

I wonder if you can run windows mobile 6 (I think its called). Maybe google around to see if someone has done it but I'm pretty sure the upgrade has to be supported and distributed by dell

What sort of internet connectivity do you have on that thing? since you said it was 6-7 yr old I think that predates even wireless G.

I remember leaping from Windows Mobile 5 to Windows Mobile 6.

What a freaking waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom