AMD64 Ram?

aRandomFlak

Solid State Member
Amd 64 3500 (939)
Asus AV8 Deluxe
512mbx2 Corsair VS
6800gt AGP
600Wpsu

I am aware this setup is old and outdated. The most demanding games I play are a couple years old Hl2, Bf2, ect. My question is, is it worth it getting 1GBx2 upgrade of the same ram so that I have a total of 3gigs? I can probably pick it up decently cheap off ebay. I am curious to how much a performance increase it would make. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply Neodude. I am currently using Windows XP SP1. I have Vista Pro, would it be a better idea to run that with more RAM?

Are things running ok at the moment or are they sluggish? If everything seems to be running fine I wouldn't be rushing out to buy more memory :)

With XP,1GB Should be fine. If you do consider using Vista and upgrade would be recomended. Though what berry120 says is correct,if thing are running ok now,you may want to hold off.

Things do run kind of sluggish on BF2 at the settings I want to play at. I'm suspecting it's obviously due to lack of ram.
Well I decided to buy two more sticks of Corsair Value Select 1gbx2. I currently have 512x2 of the same ram. Do I need to change any timings when I plug my new ram in? I'm building a new rig for gaming (ScII & Diablo3).

I'll just ask this question also in this thread. Should I build an i5 750 or i7 920 right now, or wait for the och o cores? lol

I would recommend skipping Vista and getting 7. Vista is a resource hog whereas 7 was streamlined a little more to run off less RAM.

When you put the RAM In,your motherboard should do everything for you :)

Oh and you may want to start a new thread for your new rig so you can get more answers.

Back
Top Bottom