Which car should i get?

shozzking

Daemon Poster
I'm looking at getting my first car within the next 6 months or so and im debating between the base honda civic coupe(with air conditioning) or the second model of the mitsubishi lancer. The civic would be just over $17 grand canadian while the lancer would be $22,000. I have enough for $5000 down which would mean payments of $500 for the lancer or $350 for the civic on 3 year financing.
Which one would you guys get and why? I like the look of the lancer more but the civic is a whole ton cheaper. I dont care about speakers or anything like that cuz I can get some from work for really cheap.

Picking out a car is like picking out a guitar...

You have to try it (test drive) and choose the one that fits your own personal preference like how it handles and overall convenience.

What im really asking is what you guys would go for, the one thats cheaper but doesnt look as good or the more expensive one thats nicer? I haven't done too much driving because i only have my learners so my parents dont really want to me to drive their car unless its on a really small road, so i can learn to drive either one.

I would honestly get the Civic... It's cheaper and would most likely be a better first car because it's cheaper to fix if it breaks down (if you don't have warranty) and is most likely better on gas.

You should get a used car for your first one. So you can learn and beat it to crap when you are ready to graduate to a new one.

And C$500 a month? That's a big chunk of change. I'd say Civic if you are really set on getting a new car. Can't go wrong with a Civic. And I'm not a Honda guy.

my dads telling me that he might lend me some money and we'll go to the U.S. and buy a car thats been used for a year or two, thats what he did with his pilot. and i really like asian cars.

My general rule is to always buy used if it's your first car.

You can usually find great deals for a car that's only two or more years older than the current model.

Besides, it's not as heartbreaking if you get in an accident. :p

Buy a used car. In the long run it's so much simpler to do. Your going to get into a accident (statistics) and your going to mess up your car. Get something that you'll have paid off. With 5k you can get a nice car! It doesn't have to be a brand new car to be considered "good"

=D

2011 Mustang V6. Better handling than both cars listed, much faster. And great Mileage, 25/31 I'm pretty sure. MSRP is 22k I think.

3239674377_cd4d37933b.jpg

This. lol go pick up chicks :p

Back
Top Bottom