XFX 750i extreme mobo
Intel core 2 quad Q6600 @3.0GHz
8GB Patriot pc-6400 (800mhz)
GTX 470
650 PSU
Coolit domino alc cpu cooler
Coolermaster Haf 932

probably forgot something but meh

so my question is that i can only overclock to 3.0 after that im not stable but ive herd that people have gotten it to like 3.4 3.6 with worse stuff then i have the question is how? ive tried most things like raising the voltage and lowering multiplier and raising the fsb but none of that stuff works it tends to be that my fsb is good at 1333 and multiplier doesnt go about 9. is there any way i can change that? or raise my FSB with it being stable???????

Well your running 8GB RAM which does put a strain on the FSB.

The RAM could be limiting your maximum CPU speed so back of the RAM speed by reducing the RAM multiplier to a slow speed and work on finding out the CPU's maximum speed. Once you've found the CPU's max speed you can increase the RAM speed.

first of all you want to lock in your multiplier by disabling throttling then try this just to see if it will post because you may have hit a FSB wall. vDIMM 2.0v vCore 1.375v multiplier 9x core clock to 350 then 360 then 370 adjust vCore accordingly. that's the more careful way of doing it. usually i set a 1.4 vCore with an intel 65nm cpu, then shoot for max core clock afterwards, check temps and go higher.

Back
Top Bottom