memory question

okey. but i found out now that i only have 32 bit. so that was not good
meybe thats why the SIW program im using is saying maximum of about 4 gb of ram?
so is that the total of memory i can have? 4gb?

meny say so much different. some say 3gb and some say 3.25gb nd some say 3.5gb.

what is realy the truth??

i could also say that im thinking of baying this
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5

i have some problems with my nvidia card.

but wouldent the new card also need a bit more ram? since in the nvidia it onlly takes 0.5gb.

thanks all of you exsperts

The nvidia card has RAM that the OS gives it to help. that's why it says it uses 0.5 GB RAM. If you get a x64 OS, try Windows 7. It works great.

i downloaded a program called prosess explorer. and there i can se all the cpu and ram usage at all time.

and i dont have eny big special programs that i use on my pc.

and under normal usage with some small programs like antivius runing and with around 5 to 7 webpages up i have the cpu usage from 6% to 35 %. this value is offcourse changing all the time. but its there about.
the memory usage is pretty stable, in the same situation as above
the memory is around 23 %

and when i loaded the pc some harder. like doing all the things above including,lets say play a
HD klipp in highest quality,on youtube the nubers is verry different

the cpu jumps up and down from 40% and 70%

and the memory around 27%

and if i load a game the on i tryed was csi. i dont know if you know that on,but ill guess its maybe around a midrage game,of what it uses on power.
i loaded it and i pressed the alt and tab key so i could get back i windows when the game is running in the background.

and at the same time i did that, i also did all the thing as above inlcuded the hd video on youtube the numbers was this

the cpu wasfrom 90% to 100%
and memory 32%

in the prosesser explorer program it sead that that was physical memory that i have writen her now.

so as i could se the memory should be plenty. eaven with all that i tryed i realy runned the pc hard,and still so low memory usage.
and i never use it so hard at normal.

but the cpu usage is a different thing thoght.

so meybe a realy dont need more memory?

what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom