iPad (iSpaz)

iSpaz

BSOD
I don't know if this will come under hardware because it's a system itself but still back to the point Apple have produced a iPad (iSpaz) it's pointless it's just a 9 inch version of a iPod touch its nothing like a net book or iPhone its just a giant iPod touch what's the point they should either put a proper apple OS on it or scrap it. on the other hand it you want to watch overpriced films on a slightly larger screen you can but instead of all that watch the overprices film on your pc sorted or if you know how hack the rented iTunes film and burn it sorted. what's the point?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

For what it's worth, I largely agree - though there is more to it than that. Have a search around, it's already been at least one topic discussing it!

EDIT: Sorry, clicked on an old page by mistake and didn't notice the date - ignore me :)

ipad is probaly one the coolest things around
have you never used one...?

I found it to be pretty crappy. One of the main attractions of the iPad is its ability to play games, or so they say. I tried playing a game on it, and the graphics were something like a dumbed down N64, at 20fps.

Meh I will stick to my homemade iPad, tyvm. I am actually considerin installing a solid state accelerometor in it so I can play games and switch screen profiles like the iPad does. Except mine has flash, usb, a real OS, interchangeable batteries, monitor output, doesn't crash after every hour of web browsing, and cost 1/3 as much.

I found it to be pretty crappy. One of the main attractions of the iPad is its ability to play games, or so they say. I tried playing a game on it, and the graphics were something like a dumbed down N64, at 20fps.

Meh I will stick to my homemade iPad, tyvm. I am actually considerin installing a solid state accelerometor in it so I can play games and switch screen profiles like the iPad does. Except mine has flash, usb, a real OS, interchangeable batteries, monitor output, doesn't crash after every hour of web browsing, and cost 1/3 as much.

Explain please.

links? I'd be quite interested in this. I would like some portability myself.

It's a $160 netbook, then I took it apart and put it back together with a $40 eBay touch panel installed, except I put the lcd where the keyboard should be and epoxy puttied the bezel to the base of the laptop. Nothing fancy at all, but it works.

I'll post a picture in a minute.

770be958.jpg

bad pic but I do not feel like retaking it.

It is still a bit incomplete - note the exposed edges of the mobo, I just haven't gotten around to covering those spots up.

It's a $160 netbook, then I took it apart and put it back together with a $40 eBay touch panel installed, except I put the lcd where the keyboard should be and epoxy puttied the bezel to the base of the laptop. Nothing fancy at all, but it works.

I'll post a picture in a minute.

770be958.jpg

bad pic but I do not feel like retaking it.

It is still a bit incomplete - note the exposed edges of the mobo, I just haven't gotten around to covering those spots up.

That's pretty BA. How long did it take you? And what sort of performance/battery life does that thing get?

Back
Top Bottom