WoW players, come in.

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
My sister plays a level 80 priest in the game. She's not geared very well, but she has a friend who's willing to play on her account and attempt to get her "tokens" or credits that can be used to purchase gear via vendors.

I don't know too much about the game these days, but she was looking at a cloth vendor in Dalaran that had a bunch of crazy gear for her priest. They all required some sort of token or credits (I was told some of these drop from raids after killing bosses).

So, how time-consuming and hard is it to acquire, say, a full set of gear from these vendors via the tokens? Reason I ask is because a family friend offered to play on the account and attempt to fully gear her priest with these sets for $50-60. If it's worth the time and money, I may pay him and surprise my sister after she returns back home from overseas.

I know quite a few of you play, so I'd like to get some input.

Many thanks,

Chris

Very nice. It's certainly not hard but it is time consuming.. I would say it would take 20+ hours to get the gear with the emblems of triumph so it would be worth $50-60 of his time.. It's especially boring after you've done it on a few characters too (I've done it 4 times)

Note: I asked my girlfriend if I could gear her mage up with the same tokens and she told me no because she wants to earn it all herself! lol

Interesting. I'll look into this.

Is there a single specific raid/dungeon you have to complete for these emblems? Or are there various ones you can do?

And also, what the heck are ToC epics? Are they better/worse than the Tier sets that I'm talking about from those two merchants at Dalaran?

Thanks.

Heroic Dungeons / TOC 10 and 25 man = Emblem of Triumph

The first Heroic dungeon of the day = Two Frost Badges / rest are triumph as stated above

ICC 10 man and 25 man = Frost Badges / 12 - 17 Frost badges per run per week on average

One boss in VOA = 2 Frost Badges

Raid Weekly (One raid quest per week) = Five Frost Badges

Tier 10 Set which has 5 pieces in total is about 400ish Frost badges

Thats just some starter notes......If you want a full 10.9 Tier Set it could take Hundreds of hours

IF you just want a full Triumph badge gear set then 20ish hours or so

Told the guy to work on the account. He's gonna aim for a "gearscore" of 4.8 to 5k, so that sounds pretty good for me. At least it'll set my sister up to do better raids and easier time with grouping, etc. Sounds like the ToC epics will be the main stuff he concentrates on, but the deal is basically to get the GS up there to the stated numbers.

Think you'd all agree that it's a good deal?

Told the guy to work on the account. He's gonna aim for a "gearscore" of 4.8 to 5k, so that sounds pretty good for me. At least it'll set my sister up to do better raids and easier time with grouping, etc. Sounds like the ToC epics will be the main stuff he concentrates on, but the deal is basically to get the GS up there to the stated numbers.

Think you'd all agree that it's a good deal?

Minimum of 5k Gearscore for ICC 10 man....it might be hard for her to get in unless shes more like 5300ish

25 man ICC = Forget it. 5500 GearScore Minimum

With 4.8k - 5k GS she could get in TOC 10 and 25 man but thats about it. Even TOGC 10 and 25 requires lower to mid 5's

4.8-5k from blues is a good deal for $50-60

I was under the impression that the ToC items are epics? At least that's what the dude told me he's going to get.

Minimum of 5k Gearscore for ICC 10 man....it might be hard for her to get in unless shes more like 5300ish

25 man ICC = Forget it. 5500 GearScore Minimum

With 4.8k - 5k GS she could get in TOC 10 and 25 man but thats about it. Even TOGC 10 and 25 requires lower to mid 5's

Good to know. I'm guessing that this is a start, though, right? I doubt she'd be able to make 5500 her target immediately after hitting 80 so soon.

Hate to say it, but this is cheating haha.

Anyway I quit playing WoW due to the fact that the quality of the game has gone down with the new updates. The game is more doing repetitive actions then actually figuring anything out and playing now.

On average my friends plays 45-60 hours a week since he has no job and has yet to come close on any of his 10 80's to being fully geared.

Hate to say it, but this is cheating haha.

Anyway I quit playing WoW due to the fact that the quality of the game has gone down with the new updates. The game is more doing repetitive actions then actually figuring anything out and playing now.

On average my friends plays 45-60 hours a week since he has no job and has yet to come close on any of his 10 80's to being fully geared.

lol then your friend is doing it wrong. This game is easier than ever! I have two 80's fully geared in tier 10.5 - 10.9 gear and to be honest I only raided 2-3 times a week.

Back
Top Bottom