Windows 3.11

Ok thanks guys, but i was just wondering, windows 95 will be rather slow on the vintage PC Hence why i wanted to go back to its original OS... But it seems the internet is endless, but finding stuff like that must be difficult

+1 to all that foothead has said above about abandonware - all correct. Microsoft won't put any effort into protecting it and realistically speaking they're never going to pull you over for downloading an illegal copy of 3.11. Technically though it is still illegal.

A minor thing that you may have already noticed, the auction above is for 3.1, not 3.11.

Hell, MS doesn't put any effort into protecting ANY windows in my opinion. There's actually speculation that they let people pirate it so that it's more of a common platform.

You need MS-DOS 5 or 6 for Windows 3.1. And Windows 3.1 and MS-DOS do NOT need a product key. They just give you a warning from my memory.

Okay, here's what you need to do:

1. Sign up at Vetusware.com and try to find MS-DOS 6.0 or 5.0, and Windows 3.1/3.11/WFW 3.11
2. Install DOS on the machine (no product key required)
3. Install Windows over DOS (no product key required)
4. ??????
5. Profit!

Note: you will need something like winimage to write the .img files to floppy disks.

I AM TEH WINDOWS 3.X MASTAR!!!

Ok thanks, i will look into Vetusware, then i will let you know on the result of the Siemens- Nixdorf :D

Back
Top Bottom