windows explorer 64 bit if i cant even
use it to its full potential? ya know?
plus id like to play my games in 64 bits too

its a acer aspire 5532
TF-20 1.6ghz AMD athlon
3gb ddr2 ram

if anyone has encountered this problem before
please point me in the right direction.

it must be a driver of some sort or something.

thanks in advanced.

You aren't going to get 64 bit color, that's not what 64 bit means.

This should give you the idea about the differences between 32bit and 64bit OS's

The main differences between the 32-bit versions of Windows Vista and the 64-bit versions of Windows Vista relate to memory accessibility, memory management, and enhanced security features. The security features that are available in the 64-bit versions of Windows Vista include the following:

* Kernel Patch Protection
* Support for hardware-backed Data Execution Protection (DEP)
* Mandatory driver signing
* Removal of support for 32-bit drivers
* Removal of the 16-bit subsystem

One of the greatest advantages of using a 64-bit version of Windows Vista is the ability to access physical memory (RAM) that is above the 4-gigabyte (GB) range. This physical memory is not addressable by 32-bit versions of Windows Vista.

Depending on the version of Windows Vista that is installed, a 64-bit version of Windows Vista supports from 1 GB of RAM to more than 128 GB of RAM. The ability to address more physical memory lets Windows Vista minimize the time that is required to swap processes in and out of physical memory. Therefore, Windows Vista can manage processes more efficiently. This memory management feature helps improve the overall performance of Windows Vista.

Basically it just lets you use more ram. That's about all you need to care about :p

yea i get you on that.
but i couldnt support 64bit
color with out a 64 os.
and i KNOW my card has to
be compatible with 64 bit color.

idk. i know it doesnt really matter.
but i just want to see what it looks
like i guess. i mean am i missing anything?

yea i get you on that.
but i couldnt support 64bit
color with out a 64 os.
and i KNOW my card has to
be compatible with 64 bit color.

idk. i know it doesnt really matter.
but i just want to see what it looks
like i guess. i mean am i missing anything?

Yes, you're missing what I'm trying to say here. 64bit OS does not mean 64bit color. I don't even think your monitor would support it. I don't even think any consumer OS supports it. I don't even know if any OS supports it. It's not anything you should really even worry about at this time :p

yea your right. im just stuck on having the best of the best
im dumb as hell. but thanks bro
i really do appreciate your help

yea your right. im just stuck on having the best of the best
im dumb as hell. but thanks bro
i really do appreciate your help

It's all good :)

I can sort of see where you would make that connection, but when you consider the amount of colors you can get with just 32bit, 64bit seems a bit overkill :p

No problem man :D

I don't even think any consumer OS supports it. I don't even know if any OS supports it. It's not anything you should really even worry about at this time

I would really like to know if any OS supports 64bit color. I'm working with images and notice the color banding of the 32bit color mode, especially in darker shades.
So if someone knows which OS/graphic card/LCD, if any, supports 64bit color I would appreciate it :D.

32-bit color is the maximum number of colors your eye can possibly discern.

Truecolor (32-bit) is a method of representing and storing graphical image information that allows a very large number of colors, shades, and hues to be displayed in an image, such as in high quality photographic images or complex graphics. Truecolor defines 256 shades of red, green, and blue for each pixel of the digital picture, which ultimately results in 224 or 16,777,216 (approximately 16.7 million) color variations for each pixel.

The human eye is popularly believed to be capable of discriminating among as many as ten million colors.

Nice copy paste from Wikipedia...

But at least the information is true this time.

Back
Top Bottom