Avast antivirus

I'm having some trouble getting rid of this little bugger. I can not uninstall it through windows and if I try to delete the folder in program files it says "access denied" . I also have ad ad aware free and for some reason it will not allow me to update it or update anything for that matter. Also, when ever I click a link on google, it redirects me to some random phishing site, or one of those things that makes your browser look like a virus scanner and finds like 93847 viruses.

I would really like to have the ability to search on google again. If you guys could help me I would love it.

PS: next time i'm going to stick with AVG

You are probably infected with some type of Malware. I would run Malwarebytes in safe mode and do a full scan. That should find something if it doesn't run hijackthis and post the log.

Another way you could get rid of Avast is to boot in safe mode and then delete.

Agreed. Boot into safe mode and install/run the most recent version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (a free program). Let us know if you are able to do that and if it finds the virus/spyware/adware/malware that is causing the problems.

Install Malwarebytes and Spybot and do a full scan of your computer. If this doesn't work install HijackThis from Trend Micro and do a scan, then post the scan. If this solves your problem switch your virus protection to AVG Free Edition.

Back
Top Bottom