Choices Choices Choices: need help choosing a new desktop

nosignal1

Baseband Member
okay, so I made a thread about a week ago on the same topic, but It went more in the direction of building a new computer. After deciding I'd rather not build a computer quite yet, I've decided to post my situation again.

I've gone over my selections and narrowed them down a bit to the following systems. The computer will be used for surfing the web, listening to music, watching videos, web/design work (dreamweaver, photoshop, flash), audio production, and simple word document creation. I don't play any video intensive games. I like the idea of having more ram, so I've only included systems with a minimum 4gb of ram.

HP
HP Pavilion P6310F - 2.8GHz athlon II quad-core, 6gb ram, 1TB hard drive - $598
*Pavilion - 2.6GHz phenom II quad-core, 8gb ram, 750GB hard drive - $550
e9300z series - this would be the base model which has, 2.9GHz athlon quad-core, 6gb ram, 640GB hard drive - $579

Cyberpower
A102 Desktop - 2.6GHz athlon II quad-core, 4gb ram, 500GB hard drive - $538

ZT
Affinity 7358Ma - 3.0GHz phenom II quad-core, 4gb ram, 500GB hard drive - $579
Affinity 7354Ma - 3.0GHz phenom II quad-core, 6gb ram, 1TB hard drive - $568

*I don't really love the idea of buying a refurbished computer, but I think this is a great deal. Anyone have anymore words of wisdom or dissuasion about buying refurbished?

Again, I appreciate any input from anyone, I'm just trying to find the right system for me.

Thanks again!
Eric

Would you be willing to build a computer? You will get much better components and value if you build your own, and it's really not hard.

I'd be fine with building the computer as long as i got a better build than one of the prebuilt systems

would anyone be willing to help me compile a parts list for a build of equal quality to the systems listed above?

Thanks

one important thing i forgot to mention is that I need a firewire port

Back
Top Bottom