Random Chit Chat

Cant it ruin your power steering pump?

Talking about cars,today was my first 'drifting' experience. It was bucketing down with rain,i took off from a set of lights and i may have let the clutch out abit too quick and my car just slid around the corner,realising i was in a drift a gave it abit of throttle,i corrected it slightly,shifted gear,it fished tailed slightly and i gained full grip again.

It was absolutely brilliant.

I'm having some printed soon too. I'm going to wait tomrorow's exams are over until I start designing them, though.

On that subject, can anybody suggest a way to... motivate yourself? At the moment, I know that my exams are important, but I keep wanting to put revision off, which is stupid. HOW CAN I FIX MYSELF? :( There is always something that I'd rather be doing!

On that subject, can anybody suggest a way to... motivate yourself? At the moment, I know that my exams are important, but I keep wanting to put revision off, which is stupid. HOW CAN I FIX MYSELF? There is always something that I'd rather be doing!

I had the same thing - after all revising is just going over what you already know - so its boring, and games are so much better!

I tried a few things that sorta worked.

1) sit down and give yourself small timeframes, set an alarm for say half an hour, and try to do something in that half an hour. If you cant seem to get into it, just sit and stair at the screen, and say to yourself that your not doing anything else in the half an hour except the question / or that part of revision. After a while you get bored of just stairing at the screen and get into it a bit more.

2) Heres another thing i used, which sounds very childish, but i tried everything, and this worked!

If its just reading / revising longer pieces of text, copy them and take out a word in the paragraph like every sentence or so. Then print them off (so you stay away from the computer games) and try fill in the blanks. If makes you re - read a lot, to get the jist of the sentences (good words to remove are unlikely ones - like 'however, which, meaning' - not just words relative to the study. You also go back to check if you are right then! Try removing more than a few if you find it easy.

This sounds silly, but I really had to try - gave me 3 months to study, and I started a week before - and still couldnt concentrate!

Random car question: is turning your steering wheel all the way to the stops bad for the steering mechanism?

lol! Total BS!

It's not detrimental to the steering or any of it's components if you use lock to lock.

:rolleyes:

Cant it ruin your power steering pump?

Talking about cars,today was my first 'drifting' experience. It was bucketing down with rain,i took off from a set of lights and i may have let the clutch out abit too quick and my car just slid around the corner,realising i was in a drift a gave it abit of throttle,i corrected it slightly,shifted gear,it fished tailed slightly and i gained full grip again.

It was absolutely brilliant.

Sweet!

Imagine that in a double decker bus..... in the snow!

That was my first experience where I gained control of the vehicle.

I had the same thing - after all revising is just going over what you already know - so its boring, and games are so much better!

I tried a few things that sorta worked.

1) sit down and give yourself small timeframes, set an alarm for say half an hour, and try to do something in that half an hour. If you cant seem to get into it, just sit and stair at the screen, and say to yourself that your not doing anything else in the half an hour except the question / or that part of revision. After a while you get bored of just stairing at the screen and get into it a bit more.

2) Heres another thing i used, which sounds very childish, but i tried everything, and this worked!

If its just reading / revising longer pieces of text, copy them and take out a word in the paragraph like every sentence or so. Then print them off (so you stay away from the computer games) and try fill in the blanks. If makes you re - read a lot, to get the jist of the sentences (good words to remove are unlikely ones - like 'however, which, meaning' - not just words relative to the study. You also go back to check if you are right then! Try removing more than a few if you find it easy.

This sounds silly, but I really had to try - gave me 3 months to study, and I started a week before - and still couldnt concentrate!

Thanks Luke. I will give that a shot... I might say to myself "Right then j03, you've got to do three of these questions, then you can have 5 minutes doing something you WANT to do". I will let you know how I get on :)

Random thought of the day...

If you get negged by a person with negative reputation.. do you gain rep?

Back
Top Bottom