firebird

winslow33

Daemon Poster
As you probably remember I sold my old Chevy about a month back, and I was looking for a new truck because I need some wheels for backroads fun... I got that new ride finally.
Not what I was looking for but damn, it was a steal.
1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. V8 engine too, not the 6 :D
Cant use it in the mud but I plan on getting that bad boy ready for the strip... Good condition too. sorry for the crappy pic its with my phone
5.jpg

Nice car, what's it look like underneath? It's not all rotten is it?

Don't get too excited about the V8, it's probably a 305 TBI, junk for horsepower. You'll want to pull that out and put a good ol' 350 in her, or if you want to spend some more money and get more HP, go with a 383.

No, the frames a little rusty but no real holes or rot to speak of... It hasnt been sitting in that grass and brush for only 2 days.. I have to park it there until me fiancee gets home tommorow to move her mustang thats blocking the garage, lol.
My dad's pretty jealous of me, he used to own the exact same car in gold, bought it off the lot in '84 and rolled it in an accident in about '96... he misses that car a LOT.. says it was the best car he owned.

Great cars, and really responsive to mods... 350 and you will be going. Plus parts are so cheap. Where abouts are you located? Being in Chicago for me, there is a huge street racing and track racing community so parts are cheap. Plus I know of 3 near by drag strips, haha. What's your goals? 300hp shouldn't be too hard with a 350.

I live a few hours from Toronto, Ontario.. Theres a small bit of a racing community around here, mostly rice burner Civics owned by teenagers who just grabbed thier licence... every year the city hosts a drag race event up at the airport using one of the now unused runways, its a pretty huge event. I might try to participate in it when the cars ready

Car looks good. But the picture seems like the car was dumped there in the woods...Lol.

They're nice cars once restored. But they just rusted to quickly.

Also didn't they do a 6.8 litre diesel version? Cause i'd probably go for the tuned up oil burner.

They're nice cars once restored. But they just rusted to quickly.

Also didn't they do a 6.8 litre diesel version? Cause i'd probably go for the tuned up oil burner.
No, there are no american sports cars that are diesel from the factory. There are a couple vids around the internet of a diesel vette though.

I live a few hours from Toronto, Ontario.. Theres a small bit of a racing community around here, mostly rice burner Civics owned by teenagers who just grabbed thier licence... every year the city hosts a drag race event up at the airport using one of the now unused runways, its a pretty huge event. I might try to participate in it when the cars ready
Shit, there are a million of those kids by me... I saw one at the gas station the other day. Honda Accord, big body kit, 2 foot wing, Euro style tail lights... I saw another Honda Accord on the freeway the other day too. GIANT body kit that was all falling apart and pieces were coming off, some goofy Euro tails and a big spoiler. I blew past him on the freeway... lol

Ok, so I sprung into action on the car's restoration. Was talking to my uncle who's friend has and old one that was in an accident and is a goner.. he hooked me up with a few parts, one being a hood from a '75 Trans Am, as my hoods in bad shape... Amazingly it actually fits... So now I have a donor car... I put the hood on mine already... heres the donor car, poor thing
30650570002_large.jpg

and here is the before shot of my car
1979-Pontiac-TransAM-Y88-ID0055-DSC04417.jpg

Back
Top Bottom