Do I need better Cooling??

rime123

Baseband Member
Okay not sure whether this is good or not but here are my current temperatures on my DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+, 2900 MHz
No overclock just how it came when i built the system also has a 450W powersupply and the heatsink is just the one i got with the motherboard.
Whic looks a bit naft if im honest! :rolleyes:
kefbdi.png

I may want to overclock soon so i was think about these options
1) new cooling + overclock
2) new cpu + cooling + NO overclock

Also I am hoping to improve my system into a gaming pc but not sure what parts are most important to upgrade any ideas????

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
DirectX 10.0
Motherboard M2N68-VM
CPU Type DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2900 MHz (14.5 x 200) 5600+
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce 7xxx-6xx, AMD Hammer
System Memory 3072 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (1024 MB)
PSU 450W i think could check if i was bothered to open up case.

The best bang-for-the-buck upgrade would be a new HSF and an HD4850/GeForce 9800+ GTX. You can probably reach 3.2GHz if you OverClock that processor. But like I said, you're going to need to buy a new HSF and fill up all the fan slots on the case.

Make sure that you get good thermal paste too! You would be surprised at what a difference good thermal paste will do.

As far as those vid. card recommendations, Get the new ATI HD 5000 series card, or at least an NVidia GTX 260.....

Make sure that you get good thermal paste too! You would be surprised at what a difference good thermal paste will do.

As far as those vid. card recommendations, Get the new ATI HD 5000 series card, or at least an NVidia GTX 260.....

Based on his OP, I don't think he has the money to afford a video card of such level.

Pick up a new heat sink, some can go for mere pounds!
Plus some thermal paste, or if your desperate some Vaseline (Not advisable though)
Or! If your brave go for a Mineral Cooled PC, find a fish tank fill it up with Mineral Oil (baby Oil) fully submerge the mother board and psu, however not the hard drive or disk drive, they have moving parts in. Then you can over clock easily, the oil transfers the heat a treat. :)

Lol so did many people, but i showed them :p
Its only worth doing if you have some old hardware lying around, you can then experiment...

Back
Top Bottom