Samson StudioDock 3i, 4i

Dustin_Broke1

In Runtime
I currently own the Samson StudioDock 3i but I was wondering that does the StudioDock 4i sound any better? Or do they both sound pretty much the same just that the 4i has little more power since it's 40 watts instead of 30 watts of total power?

Right now I have my monitors connected to my PC using USB and it sounds alot better than connecting them using normal headphone jack.

The i4's should have a better response lower down in the frequency range with slightly more power output and a 4.25 inch driver.

And they might sound a bit better via USB because the D/A conversion done inside the speaker may be superior to that on an old sound card.

Well both the 3i and the 4i have USB to connect to a PC and a docking station for iPods also all of the features on both are the same. I was just wondering if there is someone that has heard both of them and I wanted them to tell me what they think the difference is. I just assumed that the 4i will have more power but I guess maybe there is more bass also I don't know. But both might not be that noticeable on the bass and just the 4i will be louder since they are 40 watts instead of 30 watts total power.

Well both the 3i and the 4i have USB to connect to a PC and a docking station for iPods also all of the features on both are the same. I was just wondering if there is someone that has heard both of them and I wanted them to tell me what they think the difference is. I just assumed that the 4i will have more power but I guess maybe there is more bass also I don't know. But both might not be that noticeable on the bass and just the 4i will be louder since they are 40 watts instead of 30 watts total power.

I'm sure someone that has had the opportunity to listen to both will confirm what I said in my previous post.

The larger cabinet and LF driver size of the i4 will mean an extended low frequency range compared to the i3. This goes without saying.

And the audible gain of the i4 over the i3 is about 1.2dB.

Back
Top Bottom