This computer hates steam.

foothead

Omnicide now.
My brother has been getting the 27% update issue ( updates to 27%, then restarts. This happens three times until it gives up) on steam for four months now. I have done three formats, and it still happens. I have even gone to the lengths of changing every single component except the mobo and cpu. Can someone please explain what the hell is going on here? The mobo is an asrock a780gxe and it has a phenom x4 9750.

Is steam somehow incompatible with the mobo? This is the only exlanation I can come up with. He is running xp, same as my rig and our dell, neither of which have any problems.

I f**king hate steam because of this crap. For every problem they fix, they manage to create two more. All I want is to be able to play my games, but half the time that isn't even possible. And yes I have emailed their tech support. It takes a week to get a response, which is always the same bs. Reinstall steam, delete the registry key, or delete everythin in the installation folder except steam.exe and steamapps. When I respond back saying it didn't work, they never bother to reply.

Do you have all current updates, service packs, drivers, DirectX, .NET Framework, Windows Installer, etc?

Are you installing driver updates/drivers from the mobo cd or internet? I once installed a bad driver from the motherboard cd that caused extreme system instability for years :(

Foot. I feel bad for you, I think it is mostly Steams fault...maybe try a new OS?

Are you installing driver updates/drivers from the mobo cd or internet? I once installed a bad driver from the motherboard cd that caused extreme system instability for years :(

All drivers are from the website. My brother made sure of that by losing allhis driver CDs.

maybe you should try windows 7 or vista. you might be better off that way

I don't want to spend another hundred dollars to put W7 on my brother's computer, especially after seeing how terrible W7 is.

Maybe it hates the account?

Nope. It does this on the forst run, before I even tell it my account.

Foot. I feel bad for you, I think it is mostly Steams fault...maybe try a new OS?

Yeah, I am fairly sure it is steam's fault. For a new OS, I am either gonna have to wait for my brother to buy W7 himself or steam for linux to come out.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom