Eeek! Firmware + Upgrade = bsod! Halp!

elle

Beta member
I'm such a newb, I was instructed to upgrade my firmware(??) and now the computer will not boot... it throws a bluescreen error: stop 0x0007e

To top it off the partition was deleted by a fellow employee that claimed to know how to fix it, so I can't go into safemode or w/e it is that I've read about to fix this particular issue.

Its an older Gateway computer. There is no OS anymore due to the partition deletion. Is there anyway to fix this?

I know I'm rather vague with the details, not really sure what information is needed. So ask away if I haven't provided enough info.

Thanks!

What "firmware" did you try to update and what was the reason for doing so?

Do you still have the Gateway recovery disks?

The office manager wanted all the drivers installed after an oem xp pro installation disc, they said the firmware was out of date (not really sure what that meant) but he provided the link to their website for the drivers & software, said to put in the serial number and install the drivers. I told him there were multiple types of drivers (audio, chipset, etc) and he just said to install all of them! After the installation, and deletion of the partition he tried to install xp over it on a fresh partition however it bluescreens with the error aforementioned every time. I hope I made more sense?

Back
Top Bottom