Internet Connection Issues

CarterVol3

Solid State Member
Well I'm a little stumped on what to do to get a stronger internet connection. I have my Xbox 360 and PS3 in my room receiving internet from a wireless router that is hooked up to my modem in a room across the house. I get decent reception to them but sometimes it will be dropped. I know the basic things like phones, microwaves and getting them as close as possible (which the are without running cables across the house). I guess what my question is, is there any accessories I could by either for my modem, router, PS3, or Xbox 360 that could help them receive a stronger internet connection. I really want to stay away from trying to run cables through the house and I wish there was a way to move the router into my room but my modem and desktop is all hooked up in the other room. Any help with the situation would be greatly appreciated. Also my wireless connection is secure and I am the only one using it so I know I don't have extra people stealing my internet. Thank you so much in advanced.

P.S. Do you think a wireless repeater between my router and gaming systems would help?

- Kyle

It wouldn't hurt.

Also, they make adapters you plug into an electrical outlet and they let you connect an ethernet cable to them, then in the other room you plug the other one into an outlet and can hook up an ethernet cable to that. I don't know how reliable they are or anything about them, other than they exist.

Okay thank you I did a little more research and I think I am going to get a wireless range expander. The have a refurbished Linksys one at best buy for 30 dollars. I figure it can't hurt anything and in the best scenario I get great internet connection.

Back
Top Bottom