New computer or upgrade?

elmo13

Beta member
Hi, ive been looking to get a new computer for gaming lately. I dont have a great computer building knowledge although I know the basics.

I currently have a hp workstation xw4200

Intel pentium 4 CPU 3.60GHz (2 CPUs)
2048MB RAM
240 Gig HDD
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT

I would be spending around $800-1000 AUD

So any advice on what to upgrade or if so build a new computer and with what parts.

New computer for sure. I can help put one together for you, but I need to know where you can buy components in Australia.

BTW, you have a dual Socket board with two pentium IVs? I think that is only possible woth server CPUs. You most likely have one CPU with hyperthreading.

New computer for sure. I can help put one together for you, but I need to know where you can buy components in Australia.

BTW, you have a dual Socket board with two pentium IVs? I think that is only possible woth server CPUs. You most likely have one CPU with hyperthreading.

I have no idea what ive got when it comes to cpu, ive been told its weird though. Ill check if i have one or two.

I would most likely buying my parts from this store

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/default.php

(Go to product catalog)

Im probably going to re-use my graphics card for a while till its well out of date.
Would it be possible to re-use the dvd drive too?

Psst. . . The 9600GT is out of date. It's a low end card that will choke on most of today's high powered games. You can definitely re-use your DVD drive.

Well I can tell you, new PC for sure. I am in "lazy mode" right now and I don't want to try to make a build. Atomic/Foothead can make you a pretty sick build. Its time to get off the Pentium 4. :p

Back
Top Bottom