my build

tj107us1

In Runtime
Will this be a farely descent gaming computer?

HAF-932 Case (I HAVE)

ASUS P6X58D-E Motherboard (I HAVE)

Intel Core i7 930 Bloomfield Processor/ with stock cooler not overclocked (I HAVE)

Kingston (2x 4GB) 1333 (PC3 10,600) in Dual Channel (I HAVE)

WD 1Tb Black Cavair 32mb cache Hard Drive with SATA cable (I HAVE)

SliverStone ST1000-P 1000Watt Power supply (NEED)

MSI R5750 Radeon video card (nEED)

Win 7 64-bit (NEED)

It will be okay. What is your budget? It looks to me like you should go with a phenom II build so you get a good GPU.

Btw, psu is overkill and garbage. Get a 650w corsair.

From what I have seen, silverstone PSUs tend to crap out when they get around 70% of rated load.

Example: I saw someone who could not get his system (with a ~500w tdp) to boot with a silverstone 700w psu. I also saw a person who had a 680w tdp unable to boot on a 1000w.

I have never seen someone running one anywhere near rated load.

but i like it because it was modular, what about the corsair 850 watt supply i know its not modular but the price is descent.

oh yeah the video card that i listed above is just to get me by, i will get a better one later on!

Corsair has some good modular power supplies. They have a 650w one iirc.

And like I said before, going phenom II will get you a much better gaming rig. There is no noticeable difference between i7 930 and phenom II 965, but it will save you enough money to get a 5850.

If you insist on going i7, buy a 5770. Then Xfire a second one later and it will beat a 5870.

It looks okay to me. A better GPU would be nice, certainly you have enough RAM!

Wait a second... You edited in all the I have stuff after I read the OP. Sorry, didn't realize.

Go 650w corsair, 5770, win7 home premium 64 oem. You should also utilize triple channel ddr3.

Yea two things that have been mentioned in this thread that I will reinforce.

Utilise the tri-channel controller on the CPU by using 3 or 6 sticks of RAM.

So return the RAM if you can and get tri-channel 1600Mhz RAM, 3 or 6 sticks.

Also if you want a modular PSU get a Corsair modular PSU.

I know this has been mentioned but to state it again would concrete how important it is.

Back
Top Bottom