Max ram for eMachines T1100

Dustin_Broke1

In Runtime
I' am actualy kinda confused about this but does my system accept max ram of 512mb? Since some websites says that I can only have upto 256mb and some says upto 512mb. I know there is a system that is exactly like mine but just has a 256mb preinstalled memory instead of 128mb like mine and that one says it can go upto 512mb. My system should be able to go upto 512mb since it doesn't make and sence that it could only go upto 256mb.

Basicly I need to know is can I use the rams that was for eMachines T1105? Since both as I said are same systems just the T1105 has added more ram. It's just really strange that just the T1100 says it can go upto 256mb and others like the T1090 or T1105 says can go upto 512mb. But I do remember forsure that seeing some sites saying that the T1105 can go upto 512mb. Like Crucial websites say mine can go upto 512mb.

The thing is that Crucial.com website costs more to buy the same type of ram but if I buy it from a OEM website then I can get each 256mb for $15 each. But I have to select the T1105 model to get two 256mb rams. Since if I just select my model on OEM website it says upto only 256mb total.

I have actauly got two 256mb rams for this machine from Ebay but those didn't work so I had to send them back. They were 256mb PC133 type ram. But I know my system is a PC100. But I heard that PC133 will work on 100. But eather way it didn't work right it kept rebooting the system. The seller says that it should work but they did say they will refund me since it didn't work for me.

I think I should order from OEM website but I need to know if I can buy the ones that was made for T1105 that's all. The OEM website has PC100 type rams.

Ok that's good since the seller kept saying to me that my system can only go upto 256mb according to his specs sheet he has. Then I thought that was really strange that my system can only go upto 256mb when others that are similar or the same systems can go upto 512mb.

What's also funny is that why would the seller say at first that both the rams will work on my T1100 machine and other machines like the T1105 etc but then why he looked up my system he said my system can only go upto 256mb so you can only add one 256mb. I did also noticed that the ram was double sided and he said double sided is better but I thought you guys said that my system can only take one sided rams.

Back
Top Bottom