best wireless card for desktop gaming?

Wireless N is so very nice. I converted my whole house to it. I used to have Cat5 running through the walls but the wires went bad.

i posted here because wired connection isnt possible. Now that we are past that, what are the best wireless connections for a desktop

Yeah, any reason why it's not possible?
Even if you're renting or something it doesn't matter, no changes to house required.
Any reason why you're set on wireless?
Lmao Legodude?
That was, random.
Are you saying wireless is better than wired?

Did you completely disregard past posts?

For one, it'd be nice to know WHY you say it isn't possible to do wired.

Two, it'd be nice if you answered the part about where the connection will be coming from and the composition of your place of residence.

He doesn't have to justify himself. He didn't ask you to help him get a wired connection, he asked for recommendations for wireless cards.

To the original person:

I have a Tenda wireless N card. It has two antennas, has a PCI connection. I love it, I mainly game on my computer and it's fantastic. I used to have access to wired internet and no longer do, and I can't even tell the difference any more.

Here is the card I have...

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0316296

I go to quite a few lan parties, and regardless of where I am in relation to the router I always get excellent signal. I'm 105% satisfied with this card, and would be willing to pay much more than what I did for it.

Did I miss something? I didn't read that he had a b/g router?

In any case, with Wireless N cards at the pretty much the same price point, N provides a level of future-proofing.

If he has a wireless b/g router, what's the advantage of having a draft n wireless card?
Its no longer draft. It has been finally standardised a while back.

I got everyone in my house on wireless N. Honestly can't tell the difference. I have little interference from nearby networks. It's actually more reliable now as a wireless network than it was wired. Also, wireless N takes a much larger chunk of the 2.4ghz spectrum than 802.11b/g. Overpowers any of those suckers :p

Go with a direct connection. So much faster! (But you said it wasn't possible)

Wireless N is faster than G. ^

Back
Top Bottom