Critique my $1000 build

Come again? Because Fox is the only news station that is on the other side?

OH please...that was a poor poor choice of words, my friend....

It's called a metaphor. Ever heard of it? :rolleyes: Don't make something out of nothing. If I wanted to stir people up about damn news stations, I would have written you a book. Figures. Someone always thinks someone is picking a bone.

I was pointing out the well-known fact that stock heatsink/fan combos are loud and not a good choice for overclocking.Prove it, gimme a link saying stock coolers are loud. My STOCK AMD cooler is VERY quiet, even when running at 4500RPM, all I hear is a TINY whine. This has been attested to by dozens of reviews on newegg even on this particular cpu model. Once again, prove it with links. I was attempting to be helpful by suggesting an alternative heatsink, and I don't see you making any recommendations of your own. Maybe you could be helpful and add insight to the topic at hand instead of purely derogatory next time.He did give insight, he told him to stay with stock heatsink.
Done and done :)

Hey look, someone who takes a moment to think thoughtfully before posting! Thanks Whyfly.

Now, let's all just take a moment, take a deep breath, and simmer down.

In regards to the build, I would snag that hard drive today! You can get it for $70 which is a great deal for a 1TB with 32MB of Cache. Some Sammy HDDs aren't the greatest, but I've got the F1 and it has been fine for me.

That ASUS board is wonderful. I recently used in a client's build. I love it. The color scheme, features, all that jazz. ASUS is one of the best MB manufacturers out there. Right alongside Gigabyte. My top 2.

I'm not hot on your power supply/case combo. Yes, you save $20 by selecting that, but for the price of that PSU, you could probably get a modular one. It is high quality, but, why not get a little more for your money! I'll try to look later (I'm currently doing homework...finals week for me).

I'm not up on current graphics cards so I won't comment on that, but I can say that the PII 955 will be a screamer.

EDIT: Just a quick browse through; this caught my eye. (if you don't mind rebates).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016

Are two capable PSUs. Sometimes the AMD stock heatsink has a problem with the fan magnets coming out of alignment and shipping and they can become loud, if this happens you need to push on the fan a bit and that may fix it.That can happen to probably any heatsink, not just stock heatsinks. Lmao don't blame that on the heatsink, it's UPS's fault for loving soccer so much.

The Antec is out of the question, 550W for a 5870..Ohhh boy that's a disaster waiting to happen.
The Corsair, I approve of :)
Can't look up any links to show some other PSU's but I'll try when I get a chance.

Build looks very good to me. Nice choice of parts and a great deal on the case/PSU combo. Strong power supply carrying 60A on the single 12V rail. :D

Back
Top Bottom