building question

tj107us1

In Runtime
I have a old laptop hard drive that i had to replace out of a HP Palilion dv6000 laptop, for as i know the drive is still good, when i reformated it the computer lockup and so i had to turn it off, bad move, but thats all i could do. didnt have the vista bootup disk, and stuid me didnt make one before reformatted the hard drive, so i had to buy another OS and so i when ahead and bought a 500GB WD for the lappy. so now im building a gaming desktop and bought a 1TB hard drive for the gaming computer and i was wondering if i could use the lappy drive to load the OS to and then use the 1TB drive for loading games to. Will this work or do i have to load it all on one HD? thanks for any help!!!

yeah i have it mounted in my CM HAF-932 case, just didnt know if i could use the lappy drive as the OS storage and the big drive as game storage and be able to make it work.

yeah i have it mounted in my CM HAF-932 case, just didnt know if i could use the lappy drive as the OS storage and the big drive as game storage and be able to make it work.

If it's a PATA drive your gonna need one of these.

EDIT:

Aren't laptop drives 2.5"...

Yea, my bad. It's late here o_O

It's a SATA drive so use the standard connectors.

If it's a PATA drive your gonna need one of these.

EDIT:

Yea, my bad. It's late here o_O

It's a SATA drive so use the standard connectors.

the lappy drive is a SATA drive just like the 1TB one
and i already have a SATA cable that came with my mobo

You can't use the OS from the laptop though, you're going to have to format and reinstall. Other then that it should work fine.

ok yeah i was planning on putting Win 7 64 bit in it. Do you know how many Gbs (storage space) win 7 64-bit takes up?

I'm on Win7 64bit ultimate. My Windows folder is 12.9 GB (13,941,383,476 bytes). Just for a ball park estimate :p

Back
Top Bottom