best wireless card for desktop gaming?

oneshot1

Baseband Member
looking to buy a wireless card to game with on my desktop, its a custom built one, anyone know which ones are the best out there? thank you.

Any way you could wire the internet connection?
I'm going to be honest, a wireless card, no matter HOW good or HOW expensive will never live up to a simple wired connection.
Any possibility you could buy a long ethernet cable and just drag it through your house or whatever?

This isn't the 90s anymore, any decent Wireless-G or N adapter provides nearly the same latency as a wired ethernet connection on games. You almost certainly won't notice a difference except download/upload speeds.

Yes you will.
Many members here will agree, for downloads and browsing, wireless is perfect. For gaming, a wired connection is FTW.

This isn't the 90s anymore, any decent Wireless-G or N adapter provides nearly the same latency as a wired ethernet connection on games. You almost certainly won't notice a difference except download/upload speeds.

I'm not growing fond of your half-witted posts. 1) You didn't even ask how far away he'd be from the connection which is a MAJOR factor in this debate. 2) I'd love to know why you think that download/upload speeds would be affected. Do you think he honestly is going to have an internet connection faster than the rated speed of Wireless N? 3) Wired > wireless.

That is all.

I agree with you, dude.
I felt asking for distance was unnecessary.
Since he wanted wireless it was probably a few rooms away as if it was closer he would use wired.
So yes, it will make a difference. Attempt to find a method to wire up the connection.

Most definitely. If you know what you are doing, Cat5e or 6 (whatever you decide to go with) is very simple. I have it running through our ventilation system up from the second floor (my room; router is located here) all the way to the basement, on the basement ceiling/joists, and then up through a small hole in the floor to my parents computer on the first floor. It took MAYBE an hour to do this. It was very simple. If you are on the same level, it's even easier to run it.

Plus don't forget the security advantage to wired connections. Most people don't care about that much anymore, but I know that I do.

If you DO go wireless, distance will very much be a large factor in all of this, as well as the wall/floor composition of your house. We'll need more specifics on all of this.

Just go wired, TRUST me it will save you a lot of trouble.
In my house the cable from my router goes into my computer. The second cable goes down into the vent, through the vent, and out a vent in my parents' room to give their computer connection.
It was probably easier then setting up a wireless connection lol.
Go for a wired connection, no debate about it.

i posted here because wired connection isnt possible. Now that we are past that, what are the best wireless connections for a desktop

Did you completely disregard past posts?

For one, it'd be nice to know WHY you say it isn't possible to do wired.

Two, it'd be nice if you answered the part about where the connection will be coming from and the composition of your place of residence.

Back
Top Bottom