Random Chit Chat

I'd be careful when removing that type of thing. I tried to remove a stupid antivirus 2009 thing my dad got back in december and it ended up rendering windows unable to boot. I even tried doing a repair install of xp and that didn't fix it. In the end I had to go buy an oem copy of windows 7 and install that.

Just a gentile warning these things like to embed themselves in the system files so removing them can wreck windows.

This same scenario has happened several times with other people who I have fixed computers for as well.

Ediit: Only xp has had the boot problem after removing these rogue antivirus programs, windows vista and 7 boot just fine after the program is removed.

Lol anyone remember the virus that overvolts your CPU, then turns the fan off?

I'd be careful when removing that type of thing. I tried to remove a stupid antivirus 2009 thing my dad got back in december and it ended up rendering windows unable to boot. I even tried doing a repair install of xp and that didn't fix it. In the end I had to go buy an oem copy of windows 7 and install that.

Just a gentile warning these things like to embed themselves in the system files so removing them can wreck windows.

This same scenario has happened several times with other people who I have fixed computers for as well.

Ediit: Only xp has had the boot problem after removing these rogue antivirus programs, windows vista and 7 boot just fine after the program is removed.

Happened to my aunt's computer with vista.

Well Luckily with Malwarebytes it tells you excactly what it's removing,so i guess if you check that before doing anything evasive,you'll know what your up against.

If malware bytes does detect a system file as malware after one of these infections you almost do have to remove it. I mean what are your other options, keep the infected file and watch the malware just come right back or do you get rid of the file after which having windows refuse to boot.

Vista has the startup recovery program on the windows cd that can restore the files needed to start up back to their original state however this does not work all the time and can take a very long time to finish and cannot under any circumstances be interrupted or stopped in the middle of what it is doing or it will mess up your partition table.

The vista startup recovery made things worse on my aunt's computer.

Velociraptor.jpg

This is definitely going on the front door.

It redirects Yahoo.com and facebook to 'Not found'

I'm assuming the hosts file was "dirty" then? Or no?

EDIT:
Okay. WTF is with all the threads in the Social Lounge that should be in other parts of the forum. This is getting on my nerves. In fact, I think someone (I think it was Tommy Boy) that this wouldn't be acceptable anymore.

Back
Top Bottom