hdtv vs standard satellite

Celticsfan

Banned
Guys, I think I am going to upgrade to hdtv. The question I have for you guys is there a big difference between component connection vs HDMI? Is the picture on the tv that much clearer?

thx

Yes, the difference is very noticeable. The HD picture through an HDMI connection is extremely clear and crisp.

The main selling point of HDMI isn't that it's better than Component in terms of viewing quality, but rather that it combines both high-definition audio and video with one singular cable. Component won't make your movies look or sound worse, but it's just extra plugs and TV I/O panel real estate that it takes up.

HDMI can be a real pain in the ass to deal with, especially with HDCP. Sucks how manufacturers and content producers are trying to kill component video by limiting its output on various components.

The main selling point of HDMI isn't that it's better than Component in terms of viewing quality, but rather that it combines both high-definition audio and video with one singular cable. Component won't make your movies look or sound worse, but it's just extra plugs and TV I/O panel real estate that it takes up.
That's the only thing that HDMI brings to the table over other types of HD connections, the ability to have hd video and sound in one cable. Most HD tv's have more HDMI connections than component though, mine has 3 HDMI and only 2 component.

If you have good quality cables, component and analogue audio should provide nearly the same quality as HDMI

"hdtv vs standard satellite
Guys, I think I am going to upgrade to hdtv. The question I have for you guys is there a big difference between component connection vs HDMI? Is the picture on the tv that much clearer?

thx"

From this, it seems you are asking whether a switch from standard definition to high definition will make a difference. The answer is yes

Back
Top Bottom