Films really are getting worse every day

Am I the only person who thought Avatar was not very good?

Btw, I just saw Iron Man 2. Movie was allright, but nowhere near as good as the first. The previews were pretty pathetic also. It all seemed exactly like stuff that has been done before.

Avatar, Sherlock Holmes, How to train your dragon, Alice in Wonderland - I thought all of those were good films. I'm all up for taking old ideas and re-jigging them into a film, as long as it's done well of course.

Yes there's some crap that comes out nowadays but not everything is (at least not in my opinion. It is of course all subjective.)

You liked sherlock holmes? They completely butchered the character, trying to make it some sort of action movie. Then there was the whole plot that turned into Harry Potter or something.

They basically wrote a bad detective story, and gave it the name sherlock Holmes in order to increase profits.

IDK, I should prolly stick to comedy nowadays, since it takes a very good movie to impress me unless it's funny.

IDK, I should prolly stick to comedy nowadays, since it takes a very good movie to impress me unless it's funny.
Perhaps you're over-analysing things a bit? You may be correct, but when I'm watching a film I tend to just relax and take it for what it is... most films are just designed as a bit of fun nowadays more than anything else.

I like it that way, I watch films for entertainment - if I want to analyse something for how good it is then I'll trawl through more Java ;)

The graphics were, but I found it very lacking in plot.

And it pissed me off that they kept throwing politics into the movie. It's a movie, not a propaganda campaign.

Lacking in plot? Aren't you hard to impress? :rolleyes:

I loved Avatar, especially in 3D.

3D is the next big thing, unless studio's ruin it.

Alice In Wonderland, and another film I can't remember the name of were not filmed in 3D with 2 cameras, but later, had post work done on top to fake the 3D effect, by using all sorts of algorithms.

In the end, if anything, it is that kind of process which is going to ruin it.
Film with 2 cameras, or forget about it.

It just shows, for me, that the people behind Alice In Wonderland (and the other film I can't remember the name of), were in it just for cash alone, as they decided to add the 3D in as an extra, rather than have it from the start; so simply to cash into the so called fad.

Back
Top Bottom