Bootup Problem

tj107us1

In Runtime
I have a computer that was build for my dad machine shop to hook up cnc machines too. its not really anything special but we had it in storage and now i went to try to get the files off the computer and now it wont startup. When i press the power button nothing happens, so i disconnected the 20 pin mother board connector and jumped the green wire (power on) the a black (ground) and the power supply starts up and has power to the connectors 5+ on the red wire and 12+ on the yellow. So i thought it might be a bad power switch so i ohmed it out and the switch is good. So i was like maybe a bad connection on the power switch terminals so i took a flat blade screwdriver and touched the two terminals together like the switch would do and nothing. I have ran out of ideas, the motherborad looks like its a micro atx board and has a Award BIOS chip on it, and i think it has a intel onboard video chip. I cant find a name of the company that made the mobo anywhere.
do you know what i could try next? thanks for any help!!

TJ

Just move the HDD over to another computer to get the data from it. The CMOS battery may have died.

Back
Top Bottom