New PSU

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
So my PSU blew about an hour ago it was 480 Watt, thought it was 500. I now need a new PSU, can you guys suggest one I guess 600W would be fine to run my rig? I really am looking to keep it on the cheaper side, my tax returns just came but I'm not really into digging into that money at this time. I have maybe $80 max to spend at this time but really would like to go cheaper if possible.

do u think that anything else could have been affected by the PSU? It is the only thing that smells and as I said I tested it and it is dead. Could the mobo have been fried as well(there were no burn marks on the board and no smell anywhere on the board)? Also thanks that PSU looks good and definitely has good wattage for the buck.

Every part if your computer is vulnerable when the power supply goes. Most likely, everything is fine but there is a chance that it took something with it.

Reliable PSUs: antec, corsair, OCZ, cooler master, PC power & cooling, seasonic, and believe it or not, Rosewill...

I give Rosewill a 50/50. It depends entirely on the model. (same goes for OCZ...I've owned 4 of them)

well i guess i will find out when I get the PSU, since I cannot live without a computer for like 5 days I will be checking Best Buy for the one DUDE suggested and the brands you suggested. I know they are more expensive but maybe I will find something within my range but not too shitty. If not I will wait, thanks guys I hope I'm not screwed.

Yeah. Haven't they done a lot of single rail models recently? Those seem to be what have been more decent. Their old ones weren't the best. (oh, talking about Rosewill here btw)

Do you have an old 250w+ PSU you could throw in without your video card for the time being? It will be much better ro order from the egg, even if you pay for overnight shipping and rush delivery. Best Buy is a rip.

Yeah. Haven't they done a lot of single rail models recently? Those seem to be what have been more decent. Their old ones weren't the best. (oh, talking about Rosewill here btw)

Yes, quite a few. Their newer dual-rail models are extremely reliable as well tho.

Yeah. I have been sticking to single/dual rail PSUs for quite some time now.

And yes. You should see how much quick delivery is from NewEgg. I wouldn't shop at best buy unless someone had a gun to my head.

Back
Top Bottom