Random Chit Chat

Awesome! How are you going to do yours?

I'm gonna go with the chrome bar theme too without the arch. I'm liking the semi naked frontal idea. I've been going over a few things. I'm using up 3 of the 11 bays, CD drive, Floppy and I/O panel. I'd probably ditch the floppy drive, move the CD and I/O panel to the top and buy a 3rd HD cage. I'm running 2 HD cages in there at the moment and there's space for a 3rd which will give me three 120mm fans on the front. Change the fans for nice looking but practical types since they're gonna be on show. Also I might simply sink the bars into some nicely finished stained wooden blocks and these can serve as fixing the panel to the case.

I'll get some sketches done later.

Holy shit my surround sound reciever just caught fire.

I'm gonna go with the chrome bar theme too without the arch. I'm liking the semi naked frontal idea. I've been going over a few things. I'm using up 3 of the 11 bays, CD drive, Floppy and I/O panel. I'd probably ditch the floppy drive, move the CD and I/O panel to the top and buy a 3rd HD cage. I'm running 2 HD cages in there at the moment and there's space for a 3rd which will give me three 120mm fans on the front. Change the fans for nice looking but practical types since they're gonna be on show. Also I might simply sink the bars into some nicely finished stained wooden blocks and these can serve as fixing the panel to the case.

I'll get some sketches done later.

Sounds sweet. It will look much better without the drives though.

Holy shit my surround sound reciever just caught fire.

WTF? Like how man?

Sounds sweet. It will look much better without the drives though.

I'll see what the designs look like first. It's my first mod too so i'll try and make it simple but effective. The case has some aluminium bars down each side so i'll polish those up to shine. Might look ok with the chrome bars and dark wooden finish. That or i'll go with metal panel finish to replace the wood.

WTF? Like how man?

idk, I was listening to the radio, and I saw a bunch of smoke pouring out of the vents. I turned i off, unplugged it, and there are scorch marks on the pcb.

I'll see what the designs look like first. It's my first mod too so i'll try and make it simple but effective. The case has some aluminium bars down each side so i'll polish those up to shine. Might look ok with the chrome bars and dark wooden finish. That or i'll go with metal panel finish to replace the wood.

That's gonna look awesome. Where are there aluminum bars on your case?

idk, I was listening to the radio, and I saw a bunch of smoke pouring out of the vents. I turned i off, unplugged it, and there are scorch marks on the pcb.

Burnt out resistor, cap or transistor?

That's gonna look awesome. Where are there aluminum bars on your case?

They're about an inch thick, run down both sides of the front of the case, from top to bottom, and the 5 1/4 bays sit in between them. They have a matt finish at the moment but once I find out what I need to polish them up i'm on it.

This. On castors.

Back
Top Bottom